Lt. Commander
Everyone ends up running around with the same rewards. Period.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
If I was unhappy enough to consider three posts named almost the same, I'd just unsubscribe.
Lt. Commander
# 3 I did
10-31-2010, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizaru
If I was unhappy enough to consider three posts named almost the same, I'd just unsubscribe.
Thanks for that - already did. Just thought I'd slam the door on the way out
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-31-2010, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
If you're only playing this game for the rewards, then you're playing the wrong game.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Reasons why I played
10-31-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekvar
If you're only playing this game for the rewards, then you're playing the wrong game.
STO was something I have hoped for ever since the movies first came out and gaming became mainstream. Perhaps it is my fault that my own expectations of the game are too high.
I play the game in the hopes that my character would emerge out from the cookie cutter as a unique and capable toon. That is very difficult when everyone is running around with the "next best thing" and there is simply no-way, not to follow the bread-crumb trail Cryptic has left in terms of character planning and levelling.

I think that if STO ever wishes to break away from this they need to include modification slops on consoles and weapons with greater levels of customisation. They need to get rid of the rewards dished out in episodes and replace it with emblems so that the players are not forced to use the same thing. In one PvP ground match the opposing team be all armed with a potent Devidian rifle(I think it was a reward because it can't be purchased) and we didn't stand a chance. Throw in the Cyro-grenades and there you have it.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Because
10-31-2010, 03:12 AM
It is because so many people have maxed toons. I got 2 and a Kingon which I am not rushing in any to level because I know what I got to look forward to. For the most part once I am done I log off and log on the other MMO I am playing and wait for next week.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-31-2010, 03:27 AM
They haven't :p