Lt. Commander
Don't even need to look up at the screen anymore.
It's no fun at all pressing the same-ol-same-ol keys over and over again - yawn!
The huddled groups is enough already.
Mind-numbing. I gave up trying to kill a combat medic after an hour with directed fire from all my BOFFs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Cool story. I'd tell you to turn your difficulty down but no one ever listens to that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-30-2010, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't say lost its appeal but they do have alot of work today for ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Just needs a better A.I. that's all.

A bazooka would sure be fun to have.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo.Omni
Just needs a better A.I. that's all.

A bazooka would sure be fun to have.
Ground combat needs a LOT more than a better AI. The game's bazooka is clearly the Energy Blast setting - it's unfortunite it really doesn't do anything in terms of damage. IMO it should bast cannon fodder apart and spread their innards all over the room.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Cool story. I'd tell you to turn your difficulty down but no one ever listens to that.
Thanks - I would be then I feel like "half-the-soldier" - I really enjoy the elite difficulty scale. It's just that the way things play out need to be examined. NPC's hardly move during combat. They just stand in one place shooting? It would be nice if they tried to outflank you or something. Some RPG, and strategy! Perhaps fewer opponents and they then call for reinforcements that beam in?

The NPCs are almost always scattered in circles. This is in space and ground. Why not have them inside buildings, caves etc. like in some of the episodes. Simply defeated the NPCs is very one dimensional.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-31-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
Thanks - I would be then I feel like "half-the-soldier" - I really enjoy the elite difficulty scale. It's just that the way things play out need to be examined. NPC's hardly move during combat. They just stand in one place shooting? It would be nice if they tried to outflank you or something. Some RPG, and strategy! Perhaps fewer opponents and they then call for reinforcements that beam in?

The NPCs are almost always scattered in circles. This is in space and ground. Why not have them inside buildings, caves etc. like in some of the episodes. Simply defeated the NPCs is very one dimensional.
The devs have listened.

Mobs are getting unique abilities instead of their stats being increased for the Ground Comba tRevamp in Season 3.

The goal is to move away from artificially giving them impossible health and shield points and more towards giving them combo attacks that require effort to overcome (not just raw dps).