Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'd better explain my crew structure for Fed and KDF before I start.

These are my ground teams:

Fed
Nern (Breen Tac)
Annika (Borg Engineer)
Oliver (Borg Sci)

KDF
Senn (Breen Tac)
Foreas (Borg Engineer)
Omega (Borg Sci)

With my Fed team, Nern will answer tactical queries, Annika will comment on engineering problems and Oliver will deal with science issues.

But with my KDF team, Foreas answers the science based problems as well as the engineering problems.
Why is she dealing with this instead of Omega?

Is there something wrong with the game engine that is directing Omega's dialogue to Foreas?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
10-31-2010, 08:11 AM
I've tested this with my BO's on klingon during the Breen series. I pilot a BoP so this is how it works with one of those at least. Personally, I generally keep my Sci in teh commander(or highest rank) slot. but once I changed it to my engineer. Sure enough she (my engineer) talked instead of my science during a science part. So it has to do with your ship's arangement I believe
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
10-31-2010, 08:20 AM
If you're flying a BoP the highest ranking Universal slot answers all the questions. Because the slots are Universal the class distinction is meaningless. The person with the most slots becomes your FO and answers for all the crew.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
10-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
If you're flying a BoP the highest ranking Universal slot answers all the questions. Because the slots are Universal the class distinction is meaningless. The person with the most slots becomes your FO and answers for all the crew.
Yup, this is the case I have seen for my crew as well when I flew a BOP
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
10-31-2010, 05:10 PM
No, this isn't about the space gameplay.

It's about the ground team.

Although now I'm wondering if it's because Foreas occupies the highest rank slot on my Negh'Var cruiser.

But I'm pretty sure that doesn't affect Fed Gameplay, so it may be a quirk or flaw for KDF gameplay.

Because Annika occupies the highest rank slot on my Sovereign cruiser and it doesn't work the same way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
10-31-2010, 07:46 PM
THe instance I previously described took place on the ground. The highest rank slot of a klingon bridge officer becomes the talker of missions. The instanced I described was during the preserver puzzle of mission 4
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
11-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Hunter
THe instance I previously described took place on the ground. The highest rank slot of a klingon bridge officer becomes the talker of missions. The instanced I described was during the preserver puzzle of mission 4
Interesting...Is your highest one a sci or engi?...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
11-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Generally, I have it a sci, but During that puzzle, between parts, I swapped their consoles positions to check it out. (And see how my engineer smile knoing the puzzle)
IT was like this: before and during most of mission: Sci in commander spot
second part of the puzzle: Engineer
After: Sci again

My Sci has been Commander ever since I could promote him, my Eng has stopped at LTC for a while.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
11-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Hunter
Generally, I have it a sci, but During that puzzle, between parts, I swapped their consoles positions to check it out. (And see how my engineer smile knoing the puzzle)
IT was like this: before and during most of mission: Sci in commander spot
second part of the puzzle: Engineer
After: Sci again

My Sci has been Commander ever since I could promote him, my Eng has stopped at LTC for a while.
As Spock would say.....fascinating...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
11-02-2010, 07:40 PM
I've personally noticed this happens to the last officer I promoted, not necessarily the highest ranked.

In space while flying my Negh'var and now Vor'cha refit, as well as on the ground.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 AM.