Lt. Commander
Essentially, one or more abilities the Devidians use causes my PC to CTD. After fourteen such crashes while trying to do What Lies Beneath (eight of which were during the final encounter, which would respawn completely each and every time...), I logged back in to find that the mobs had all disappeared (as I'd killed all but one prior to crashing) and there was no object left behind to let me progress the mission.

If someone will let me know what information they want to help track this down, I'd be happy to provide it. Tomorrow. When I'm not so hacked off.

[Edit: Resolved. See later posts]
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2010, 06:57 PM
File a bug report in game, while standing on the map which causes the problem. That automatically includes the information they need to collect, and also ends up with the developers (which things posted here generally do not).
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff_Granite
Essentially, one or more abilities the Devidians use causes my PC to CTD. After fourteen such crashes while trying to do What Lies Beneath (eight of which were during the final encounter, which would respawn completely each and every time...), I logged back in to find that the mobs had all disappeared (as I'd killed all but one prior to crashing) and there was no object left behind to let me progress the mission.

If someone will let me know what information they want to help track this down, I'd be happy to provide it. Tomorrow. When I'm not so hacked off.
I have been getting that too. I had to enable the Dynamic Lighting graphics option to get the flashlight working in the game, but that causes crashes on ATI Radeon graphics cards. I was able to complete the mission OK playing through with dynamic lighting turned off completely, but since the torch didn't work without the setting enabled I was running around in the dark.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=186604
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I have been getting that too. I had to enable the Dynamic Lighting graphics option to get the flashlight working in the game, but that causes crashes on ATI Radeon graphics cards. I was able to complete the mission OK playing through with dynamic lighting turned off completely, but since the torch didn't work without the setting enabled I was running around in the dark.
Thanks, Galactrix. That helped resolve the issue. Went from multiple crashes to zero and finished the mission today at the first attempt.

A note to Cryptic, assuming anyone there actually bothers with this particular sub-fora: It would be helpful if you could make a note somewhere that the Dynamic Lighting option doesn't work well with ATI cards - perhaps in the options menu next to the relevant option?