Lt. Commander
# 21
10-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
Dumb question. Why do you need to transfer EC? If one of my toons has a need, and the other has the credit I just buy it with the other toon and mail it to the one who needs it.
That is a good way to do it, Unless, you buy an item that you can not send through the mail....Then what is your option? Meet a Friend in space, and do a Face to Face. (Some Items can Not be Mailed)
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-31-2010, 09:34 PM
There is absolutely no need whatsoever to have to use a friend for an EC exchange between toons.

All you have to do is pick an unusual item the toon in need of ec has and post it on the exchange for an unusual amount.

What you need to watch for is picking an item that there are less than 400 of on the exchange (400 being the results limit when searching items) so you can find the item with your main toon.

I do this with every new toon I make. My main buys something they posted and they get the 1,234,567 EC.

A way to have an accountwide bank is to create a personal fleet that 1 toon always stays a member of and they can invite the new alts with offline invites as they need. One limitation of that is you can't be in 2 fleets at once so make sure a fleetie with invite priveledges can reinvite you back into the fold.

My main created a fleet, bought all 7 other bank tabs and my alts can dip into it whenever I want and switch back and forth among the fleets.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
That is a good way to do it, Unless, you buy an item that you can not send through the mail....Then what is your option? Meet a Friend in space, and do a Face to Face. (Some Items can Not be Mailed)
Maybe I'm blanking on this but what items cannot be mailed that can be traded face to face? I'm thinking nothing. I can mail bo's, unbound items and batteries etc. Other than EC I"ve got nothing coming to mind.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Um, there is a flaw in that idea.

What if you're transferring EC to another faction?

For example, my future Characters will be Romulan and Cardassian.

Because they're not Federation and KDF, they can't join those Fleets.

Which means it's back to "ask a friend".
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-01-2010, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwilow View Post
Maybe I'm blanking on this but what items cannot be mailed that can be traded face to face? I'm thinking nothing. I can mail bo's, unbound items and batteries etc. Other than EC I"ve got nothing coming to mind.
I have had some Blue and Purple Items that could not be mailed. Not sure about Face to Face sending, as I have never done that yet.