Lt. Commander
# 11
10-28-2010, 03:58 AM
From a Klingon perspective:

FvK:
Cloak, team up, full impulse to the other side of the map where the Feds are waiting at their spawn point.

KvK:
Cloak, team up, fly to the middle of the map, decloak bait.

The interesting part here is that in KvK (which does not happen that often, so there is not a huge amount of experience among the general Klingon population) almost everyone instinctively does the right thing, i.e. meet the other team in the middle.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-28-2010, 08:31 AM
A new ship popping has a delay of a second or two before it activates powers, and those powers are far weaker for a few more seconds anyways due to 0 power levels.

If you stay at your spawn point, anyone with any battle awareness will switch targets to the newly spawned, gaining an easy kill.

It is best to be not TOO far from it (say 30k or so) but not close enough that the enemies will be tempted to just make a run to spawn kill their recent victims.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-28-2010, 08:58 AM
I quit pugging entirely on the fed side because most of the players i get teamed with do 1 of 2 things
1- the Rambo
this dude hits full impulse the second he warps in & starts sprinting towards the Klingon spawn point. he ignores calls to stay together & often ignores team invites.He is a lone wolf off to smite the Evil Klingons.
he will often draw 1 or 2 other feds with him, so you are stuck with a long string of feds zerging into sure slaughter.

2- The emo
sits at the spawn site & doesn't move at all. says, that the klingons have the advantage, so why do anything? & thinks spawning into a battle with zero power levels is an effective strategy.this player is usually only here for the emblems.

now this is not meant to be a dis of all fed puggers, just the ones i always seemed to get stuck when i flew fed.

i feel that a fairly effective strategy is to move at least 30 km from the spawn site, thus giving you a shorter trip back to the battle, but allowing you to arrive with FULL POWER LEVELS.
this is important, since at no power your shiellds are weaker than wet tissue paper & your weapons are as useless as spitballs.if the klingons wind up camping you anyway, & you keep respawning back in alone, you have no chance of winning. none at all. stop respawning untill you can all come in together, or just ask the klingons to show some honor & move off. sometimes we will. believe it or not, a lot of klingons PVP because they LIKE to. ask them to move so you can put up a fight.

i've never played in a fed premade, so i dont know any other good opening strategies for the blue side but i know that the fleets that consistently tear klinkgon pugs up usually seem to meet us in the middle of the map.
thank you and have a nice pew pew
Lt. Commander
# 14 LORE says...
10-28-2010, 10:39 AM
If you stay at your spawn point, you will be killed at your spawn point.

You can scream "spawn camping" and "without honor" all you want, but if you do not want to meet us for battle in the middle, we will come to you regardless of what you say. You are weak and your words are those of a wimpering schoolgirl.

If you choose to meet us in the middle, I would recommend dropping out of full impulse about 15 km away from the action to allow your energy to build and give you time to buff up.

We do NOT play nice. We play to win. If you are not there to win, we recommend FvF.

The right career skills and bo skills and tactics and strategy (team and personal) will take you to victory. All things being even, Fed's should be able to win. If you are not winning, look to these things.

P.S.
Feds: I hate you and will kill you any way possible.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedryk_
P.S.
Feds: I hate you and will kill you any way possible.
Keep saying that, it doesn't mean you can
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
All things being even, Fed's should be able to win
1) Surely if all things are equal then it would be a draw.
2) Things are not equal because each side has different game mechanics.

Lt. Commander
# 17
10-30-2010, 02:59 PM
3) The mechanics don't really matter because some players can't be bothered to spend the time doing something as nerdy as playing a Star Trek game, what with all the other things going on their busy lives. Things like keeping a Star Trek forum flooded with tears.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-01-2010, 07:39 AM
I haven't really seen many cases were staying at the spawn point was a good idea. Maybe premades pull this off, but out of spawn you're on low energy levels and have little chance to defend yourself well.

I see the argument that you can reeinforce the surviving members of your team faster, but should you become a target now, you're in trouble.

But maybe the situation I am thinking of nothing would help, since the enemy is just better then your team and has just gotten the advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb74
1) Surely if all things are equal then it would be a draw.
Depends on what "all things" entails. If it also accounts for random aspects (like everyone rolling the same number of critical hits and so on) and everyone making "equally bad" mistakes. But that's not realistic to assume. In fact, there is a good chance that you face a downward spiral once a "non-equally" bad mistake or a random critical hit happened that lead to someone's death. Because this will lead to a time window where things are no longer equal at all (4 vs 5?)

On average, after sufficient matches, you might get a 50:50 equality.