Lt. Commander
# 11
11-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolus
So I keep seeing questions answered and talks about Season 3, but I'm wondering which Season we are in now and how soon season 3 will be out? But all in all the questions that were asked were alot of ones I would of asked. Great questions guys.
We're currently in Season 2, and Season 3 is slated to come out December 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Q: John_pain: Will we ever see the abillity to join section 31, become Merc's, Traders or Pirates?

A: There's a chance we will be able to do this well down the road, but first we'd like to get other factions into the game. So this is definitely a long term plan. I could see a future Ferengi faction as a "trader" faction.
Dstalh... what other future factions can you see ? :O

(Hint: say Undine )
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-01-2010, 06:45 PM
I hope that in place of DSE's we could get the traditional "mobs" of MMO's spread out accross the galaxy in different star systems with respawning enemies.
That would go a long way to solving the problems with high level players stealing everything, as there would be sure to be some nice quiet corners somewhere in the galaxy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-01-2010, 06:59 PM
I just have ONE question since the i first played blosed beta, will we ever get to fly the typhoon?! lol

edit

Q: jkstocbr: What are the future plans for ship advancement/improvement beyond the current Tier 5 as the level cap is expanded.

A: We will be looking closely into this issue as a major component of our Season 4 release. We want to expand the concept of "crew" customization. Also over the next year we will be evaluating the skillevel cap and making the move up to level 61 ranks and I'd expect some ship news around that time as well.

nvm, ill keep my hopes up for that time
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
We're currently in Season 2, and Season 3 is slated to come out December 2nd.

Thanks for letting me know, I haven't been on for awhile and lost which season we were in already.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't know if they ever have plans to let us fly the Typhoon but I know it's model is in the game. I just finished a playthrough of the "Doomsday Device" mission and one of the ships that helps you during the encounter is marked as a "typhoon class battleship". So with it already being in the game it would seem an easy choice for a future ship choice.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-01-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't know. I liked some answers in this Ask Cryptic, but over all I felt there was a lot of "we are looking into the possibility of..."

Certainly I understand that DStahl may have been directed to speak that way by higher ups, but all the vagueness makes it hard for me to get excited. I know there are plenty of people who love to post things out of context so they have new and interesting ways to hate Cryptic and this is probably a CYA way of doing things.

I just personally like more detail even though it allows trolls easy fodder.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Good Ask Cryptic there. I like how they're looking into "neutral" factions somewhere down the line. It'd help explain away all these non-Starfleet uniforms and ships better (on the Fed side of course). However, it looks like if you're below the Admiral/General ranks you're getting ignored, at least as far as ships are concerned (talking about the non-Klink KDF ships).

I am curious, since ship interior customization is going to be tied to UGC, if we'll be able to add, move, and rearrange rooms on our ships; possibly even make'em smaller.....like they should be.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Q: gx4th: Season 3 is scheduled to be released, is there something for us pvpers to look forward to? Any new maps for ground and space, any new game types, etc?

A: We have no official PVP updates planned for Season 3 as we are primarily focused on the Foundry. We are however working on some Open PVP map tech and I wouldn't be surprised to see us release an Open PVP zone in the near future. We are also working on ways to incorporate new PVP maps into future content updates.
My guess is May-September. You should have been working on the PvP issue way before you started on the UGC. Anyone else here seeing themself playing salvage for 6 more month ? Not me.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-01-2010, 07:56 PM
<Q: chevenix: Could we get "endless" sectors with the exploration revamp? I mean, is it technically possible to create really huge sectors or you guys have a better idea on creating the feeling that space is endless?

A: We certainly could do this - but would it be fun? >

Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of this? If a large number of players are requesting something, stop asking yourself if it would be fun and give them what they want. Yes, most of us are here to have fun. But for a large number of us (myself included), we want to know that there's a seemingly unlimited universe out there waiting to be explored. I want to feel like there's a living, breathing space out there, teeming with undiscovered life...not feel like I'm in a holodeck simulation with a bad memory buffer.