Lt. Commander
# 11
11-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokan View Post
Ah, if only you had the most powerful information tool in history at your fingertips, so you could check before you wrote it. That would be something.

Encounter at Farpoint, the Next Generation pilot.
Im posting from my phone and was too lazy to google it / copy paste from OP but Ty!

I didn't remember tng pilot. Learned something new
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaighless
I think zefram cockrum ( can't spell his name) was not alive in first contact time line. They were in the past. Also when was McCoy on screen as 137 year old? Maybe in the comic book? Having TOS people alive in this time frame is crazy. I love the too but cmon. Even next gen chars are getting super old.
Right but he was younger than McCoy when he started aging naturally, which is why it seems probable he could still be alive in the TNG era and even "First Contact". (I think one of the books had him die of old age aboard the Enterprise-D., which seems unlikely mainly because the TNG crew seemed like they hadn't met him before)
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-01-2010, 09:00 PM
BTW, not saying I think Cochrane is alive still.

However... Scotty retired in the 2420s in one of the books.

So if people are right about him being the "legend" we time travel to meet, it would be neat to have old Scotty as an NPC who remembers meeting us in the past as a capstone to the event. (Or maybe we save him in the past next week and the week after that, 2409 Scotty -- remembering us -- races to team up with us now.)
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
BTW, not saying I think Cochrane is alive still.

However... Scotty retired in the 2420s in one of the books.
That would probably be the STO tie-in novel "The Needs of the Many." Currently there are no Novels aside from that one that have been set in the 25th century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
So if people are right about him being the "legend" we time travel to meet, it would be neat to have old Scotty as an NPC who remembers meeting us in the past as a capstone to the event. (Or maybe we save him in the past next week and the week after that, 2409 Scotty -- remembering us -- races to team up with us now.)
That's what I have my fingers crossed for.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Okay so Scotty was the head of the S.C.E. for a long time, and he's still around in the post-destiny timeline. One book has him alive in 2422, which is now 12 years in the future, by STO reckoning. (another novel does describe the 25th century: Engines of Destiny

In the Shatnerverse, Sulu was actually Federation President for 3 terms in the mid 2300s. He is last seen in a DS9 Novel in 2372. He would be fairly aged 40 years later.

Likewise, Shatnerverse says Chekov was the head of Starfleet for a while, and one novel says he too was President. His later life is unspecified, but in the Vulcan Forge novels he was 130 years old in the 2370s, so he's likely gone too.

Uhura was the Admiral in command of Starfleet intelligence through the Dominion War, at least up to 2377 (At which point she was also at least 130 years old)

Kirk is dead in Canon, and in book canon he is ignored outside of the Shatnerverse. Within Shatnerverse he was only 60 when displaced to 2371, so by STO times he'd be a relatively "young" 98 years old on 2409, if CBS ever decided to let Kirk "out of the bag" so to speak.

We know where Spock is of course.

McCoy is highly Bionic in his later life, and was in reserve Starfleet duty through the 23rd century, both in the Shatnerverse and in the Destony novels as late as 2381. Only a scant 30 years after that, he could indeed be alive in 2410 at a mere 182 years old.

Christine Chapel was "long dead" according to Scotty, by the 2370s.

Number One/ Morgan Primus is still around as a disembodied intelligence that sometimes inhabits the USS Excalibur as commanded by Calhound. She is likely immortal, but confined to holographic means now, much like The Doctor.

Janice Rand was last mentioned in 2293, and is likely gone.

Saavik is still alive was a Captain in Starfleet at least until 2379. Given Vulcans extended lifetimes, she is barely in middle age. Technically, she is Spock's widow now.

Captain Fraiser Cra... I mean Morgan Bateson was only 39 when displayed to 2369 aboard the Bozeman. He's an active Captain in 2381 in the Destiny novels, having been captain of 2 different Sovereign class vessels (The Bozeman-A and the USS Atlas) - He'd only be around 80 by STOs time period, and likely an admiral.

So yeah.... a lot of the answers are: Undefined.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Sisko is NOT dead. He's just chillin with the Prophets. Would make a great ingame event if he ever decided to come back *HINT HINT*
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Garak is very likely living out his retirement from rebuilding the Cardassian Union in a quiet corner of Cardassia. Or perhaps even Enabran Tain's old residence on Awawath.
You're kidding, right? Garak will be leading a dual life. He'll be posing as a simple tailor somewhere on Cardassia Prime, while as the secret head of the rebuilt Obsidian Order he will be waging a covert war against the true way faction, having assumed his father's surname to appear as an heir to Tain's legacy while hiding his previous shame and exile.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Well the big question is what is the average lifespan for a human of the 25th century in Star Trek. Once we have that we can start sorting who may still be alive and who is dead.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
You're kidding, right? Garak will be leading a dual life. He'll be posing as a simple tailor somewhere on Cardassia Prime, while as the secret head of the rebuilt Obsidian Order he will be waging a covert war against the true way faction, having assumed his father's surname to appear as an heir to Tain's legacy while hiding his previous shame and exile.
I agree about the dual life part, but it won't be as a tailor. Garak is a member of the Detapa Council.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Well the big question is what is the average lifespan for a human of the 25th century in Star Trek. Once we have that we can start sorting who may still be alive and who is dead.
That won't work. To figure out who from TOS might be alive, you have to look at life expectancy of people born in the 23rd century. All we have to go on is McCoy's appearance in TNG which indicates life expectancy must've been at least 120 back then. I'd say that any human who was born in the 23rd century had a decent shot of living into the late 24th but not much longer than that.

Here's a better idea of how far along we are in STO: Wesley Crusher should be 61 if he appears in the game.