Lt. Commander
# 1 What Lies Beneath Experience
10-31-2010, 08:16 AM
So far I have played the episode with a tactical and science. And I loved it. I had different optional tasks that made the experience feel a little different and I loved that. I also liked the smal boxes that poped up with one of your Bo's saying something. I'd like to see more of that. The creepness of it all was very cool. I think the best episode so far. I havn't found any bugs like a few people have reported. That adds to my hype for this because I give this a 10 out of 10 if I was any kind of reviewer or something. I can't wait for the next episode. Going bakc in time? This series has everything I would like to see? Except for some space battle. I will be showing up in my TOS uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Played with an engineer on advanced. I'm never playing any future content on anything above normal. My character has a total of six critical injuries, seven major injuries, and five minor injuries.

There were simply too many enemies at the end, and the respawn point on the final map makes completing this mission, by yourself, with a generator-kitted engineer on advanced nearly impossible. I'm dropping the difficulty and going to ESD just to heal up before I finish it.

And triolic tribbles are absolutely worthless
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-31-2010, 10:24 AM
When you play on advanced+ you need to be more careful of your targets. Start with the Umbrals. Once they're out of the way you can divide your, and the BO's, time between the two bosses. I prefer to focus on the secondary boss (Eidonian?) while my BO's focus on the Phantasm. Once I drop him I move on to help with the Phantasm while picking off the minions. 6 alts played through the mission so far and only the Klingon has died; but he died twice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
When you play on advanced+ you need to be more careful of your targets. Start with the Umbrals. Once they're out of the way you can divide your, and the BO's, time between the two bosses. I prefer to focus on the secondary boss (Eidonian?) while my BO's focus on the Phantasm. Once I drop him I move on to help with the Phantasm while picking off the minions. 6 alts played through the mission so far and only the Klingon has died; but he died twice.
As well as this: use hypos- they instantly break the hold that the devidians use to damage and heal themselves. Hit it as soon as you get the held bar and you rob the devidians of their greatest advantage.

EDIT:
AS for bugs- i only came accross a few
- the door that locks behind you: it was interactable before i got the message saying i'd been locked in
- the flashlight just didn't work at all on my system
- the science objective came up after i'd gone through the vents and they'd no longer been a threat
- there was a dialog option that came up about the flashlight going out but it had gone before i could get close to clicking on it.

The rest of the mission was brilliant with special mention going to how well the atmosphere was developed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
I will be showing up in my TOS uniforms.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this... gotta think of the temporal prime directive ya know!
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-01-2010, 01:47 PM
As many others loved this mission/episode I can totally get the issues about playing on a harder level it took everything i cold to finish, including a trip back to sol to heal up and gather some supplies.. But to be honest when I finally did beat it was such a rush that the extra time and credits I spent bringing what I needed did not matter to me ..

Have been playing since Beta and have had lots of good and bad experiences but this is one of the tops .. hell of a fight, great trek feel, and even wonderful timing with Halloween.

MORE MORE MORE like this pls ! and the little peek that drake gives you about next week was spot on ... love looking forward to going back in time .. cant wait!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2010, 04:59 AM
Definitely a great Hallowe'en mission - really had an 'Aliens' feel to it!

I also second keeping the torches!

And, having just read the Ask Cryptic, am I to understand there is different dialogue based on career? cmdrshran, above, said he got Science dialogue about a vent, but I got Engineering dialogue about rerouting power.
If this is the way forward, then I support it wholeheartedly!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2010, 01:46 PM
This was such a great treat! Was perfectly timed with the little holiday too. Wish we could have kept the flashlights tho haha I run a torret speced eng and it wasn't too bad on advanced. No injuries to report. Also loved the career objectives that was great. Was wondering if you'd be adding content like that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Being relatively new to the whole Series stuff (I came back to the game, just narrowly missing my Breen BO :<) I'm pleased that we're getting to see the "lesser" enemies and stuff of Star Trek coming back into it. I never really dug the Devidians in STNG, but godamn are they scary here.

This episode was spot on. Same here, my Flashlight wasn't working, and my lights at home were off as well. I think that made me wet myself on more than one occasion. True, the Anti-Devidian gun seems to be about par against them, but still a fun episode. Insane Hologram FTW!

Looking forward to going back in time definitely. Time travel, and dimesnion travel are the greatest things in Star Trek, and god bless Cryptic for letting us do it (though more of it would be even more awesome hint hint)

Roll on this saturday!
Lt. Commander
# 10 Just about fed up
11-03-2010, 03:27 AM
I tried this new mission on advanced with my engineer and I too will no longer play ground missions on advanced. This ridiculousness of getting picked up and the life sucked out of you in a matter of a few seconds is just unbelievable. As a matter of fact a lot of the ground missions are like that now with one hit kills(B-Tran cluster). I want to be challenged not waste my time and my real life. I have not yet completed the mission I had to leave before I threw my laptop on the ground and stomped on it. So now since I really can't just set the ground missions on normal I have to play the space missions on normal, which are beyond easy. This company is really having problems with balancing, big time. You better get it straight before it's too late.

What anti-devidian gun????