Lt. Commander
What happened to the running toons? They crank their arms in a most ungainly fashion now, and drop their heads like they intend to use horns on the enemy. It looks more like a formalized olympic sprint meet than how people run in combat with gear.

I didn't like the change on my male toons, but absolutely hate it for females. How do I address this delicately (and not get an infraction)? The arm movements are rather butch, and certain parts of the anatomy no longer move naturally. I imagine this will detract from the "eye candy" effect for the majority of male players behind those female toons, and I imagine it will be difficult to relate to for the smaller number of women using female toons to reflect themselves.

I seem to remember something like this before, and having it changed to what we had before the last patch. Dear devs... please change the running back the way it was, at least for the women but preferably for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Omg Yes
11-01-2010, 11:32 PM
The new run animation looks really dumb! I vote we change it back!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Masculine?

I get this song in my head every time I run now... And yes that is terrible.
Very very terrible. I want to buy a straitjacket in the C-store now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Yeah, I feel really strongly about the new jog and sprint animations. They are truly terrible!

The springy spine of the jog is very weird and the gorilla / pirate swinging arms of the sprint are... I dunno, just so incredibly ugly!

There's a lot of these threads popping up now, so it seems the majority of people are not liking these new anims at all. I really hope they pull them as soon as possible, then refine them before putting them back in with the combat update (Dstahl said they are part of it).
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellri
Yeah, I feel really strongly about the new jog and sprint animations. They are truly terrible!

The springy spine of the jog is very weird and the gorilla / pirate swinging arms of the sprint are... I dunno, just so incredibly ugly!

There's a lot of these threads popping up now, so it seems the majority of people are not liking these new anims at all. I really hope they pull them as soon as possible, then refine them before putting them back in with the combat update (Dstahl said they are part of it).
I agree completely! The new sprint is horrific to watch. They definitely need separate walk/run animations for male and female characters.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Apparently it's not "running" it's sprinting and it's only the first of several new run animations we are going to be seeing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Apparently it's not "running" it's sprinting and it's only the first of several new run animations we are going to be seeing.
Well, could they do another "sprint" animation for female toons then? One that doesn't look like they all have defective silicone implants?
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-03-2010, 12:04 AM
Could be worse, we could all be running like the two aliens from TOS "Let that be your last battlefield" :p

That said, when i first saw the new sprint animation i was reminded of the scene in iron man 2 where they're testing out that knockoff suit that practically breaks its pilot in two. That's how wrong the current animation is, it doesn't even look like a body could move like that without some form of mechanical assistance.