Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaxton View Post
Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of this? If a large number of players are requesting something, stop asking yourself if it would be fun and give them what they want. Yes, most of us are here to have fun. But for a large number of us (myself included), we want to know that there's a seemingly unlimited universe out there waiting to be explored. I want to feel like there's a living, breathing space out there, teeming with undiscovered life...not feel like I'm in a holodeck simulation with a bad memory buffer.
I couldn't agree more.

Seriously. What has always been the top 3 complaints about STO? 1) All combat no-exploration/diplomacy. 2) In Star Trek space is vast, in STO space is a collection of tiny shoe boxes. 3) No KDF content.

Creating infinite, randomly generated areas for explorers to explore (Starfleet) or conquerors to conquer (KDF) would address ALL THREE ISSUES. At least, if it was done correctly, instead of in the usual Cryptic slip-shod fashion, i.e. see Difficulty Slider and B'Tran cluster enemies.