Lt. Commander
# 31
11-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaxton View Post
Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of this? If a large number of players are requesting something, stop asking yourself if it would be fun and give them what they want. Yes, most of us are here to have fun. But for a large number of us (myself included), we want to know that there's a seemingly unlimited universe out there waiting to be explored. I want to feel like there's a living, breathing space out there, teeming with undiscovered life...not feel like I'm in a holodeck simulation with a bad memory buffer.
I couldn't agree more.

Seriously. What has always been the top 3 complaints about STO? 1) All combat no-exploration/diplomacy. 2) In Star Trek space is vast, in STO space is a collection of tiny shoe boxes. 3) No KDF content.

Creating infinite, randomly generated areas for explorers to explore (Starfleet) or conquerors to conquer (KDF) would address ALL THREE ISSUES. At least, if it was done correctly, instead of in the usual Cryptic slip-shod fashion, i.e. see Difficulty Slider and B'Tran cluster enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-02-2010, 07:53 AM
We have seen some content coming towards the klingon faction which is great.

Now my question is kinda spread into a few, so hopefully they are easy to answer, first off. Whats going on with the veteran rewards. We thank you for giving us a 200 vet reward but what about a 100 day vet reward, 300 ect. Is the 300 day vet reward thats been planned for the feds able to be given to klinks also? And also other vet rewards in the future. Has there been a change after the dicussions on klinks about rewards so that we dont see the klinks left out in future installements of awards ect?

During your vote/pole system for the next klingon ship, What is going on with the cryptic designed klingon ship, there hasnt been anything mentioned on that end and whats goin on with it. Care to share some info??

And finally, what other cool things other then crafting/raiding are we looking for to come to the klingon side to flush that faction out in terms of content? More pve missions like the feds have ect...??
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Very nice.......very nice......you guys keep on doing that thing you do.....

Very nice
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Q: Majosea: When will lower level players be able to go into DSE's without the higher levels "testing" their builds and causing the instances to spawn ships 40+ levels above them...
I've been working on getting some of my DSE accolades in "lower" sectors and have never once caused a DSE mob to spawn at my level. I think at some point that problem was fixed because if it was still a problem I'm sure it would have seen it in the over 300 encounters I've done so far.

Has anyone noticed this recently and if so in what sector?
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaxton View Post
Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of this? If a large number of players are requesting something, stop asking yourself if it would be fun and give them what they want. Yes, most of us are here to have fun. But for a large number of us (myself included), we want to know that there's a seemingly unlimited universe out there waiting to be explored. I want to feel like there's a living, breathing space out there, teeming with undiscovered life...not feel like I'm in a holodeck simulation with a bad memory buffer.
I (respectfully) disagree. It's not about the feature, but the implementation of it. I imagine they could, right now, shovel in an "expanding sector" exploration space, an Open PvP sector, and a whole number of features that players, numerous and not so numerous, are calling for... but without some thought into putting it in, we'll get another Memory Alpha: Functional but kind of pants and bland, and just about impossible to just tear out and re-implement from scratch. For me, I would prefer they come up with something actually fun and get it right the first time.

This is, of course, entirely my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Good info. Thank you and for answering my question as well
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Q: icebluz Will we ever see the new faction that appeared in Pelia system? The ship with the purple glow that came in and killed the borg cube, then said "Thats right, we are bad a**es and you must fear us" Well they didn't say that exactly but that was what i got from it.

A: Yes! They will be making a return in the future so stay tuned!

If you clicked on the ship, then right clicked and selected "info" you'd have been able to see their faction symbol, which, if you held your mouse over it, would pop up as "Iconian".
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Q: gx4th: Season 3 is scheduled to be released, is there something for us pvpers to look forward to? Any new maps for ground and space, any new game types, etc?

A: We have no official PVP updates planned for Season 3 as we are primarily focused on the Foundry. We are however working on some Open PVP map tech and I wouldn't be surprised to see us release an Open PVP zone in the near future. We are also working on ways to incorporate new PVP maps into future content updates.
As long as I never have to go to that Open PvP zone, and that sector doesn't affect my game play *at all*, fine.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Q: Kasensal: When are you going to make Bird of Prey wing animations optional?

A: The recent update to make wings animate was a one way conversion and after talking with the ship designers, there are currently no plans to offer an option to not have them animate as it was the intention all along that they would animate as they do on the shows.
Except they DON'T animate any particular way on the shows. We've proven over and over on our thread that it's canon they CAN move, not that they WILL or WHY.

Well I hope you're happy with yourselves, you ruined this game for me.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
If you clicked on the ship, then right clicked and selected "info" you'd have been able to see their faction symbol, which, if you held your mouse over it, would pop up as "Iconian".
Yeah, and it's hull had around 240,000 (or maybe 250,000; can't exactly remember) hit points.