Lt. Commander
# 11
11-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoplis View Post
I know that the total skill points that a player can use is capped, but is the amount of BOff skill points that you can earn capped as well? I'd like to drop a BOff where I've spent points but won't so so if they are effectively lost and I'm going to be that many points down at end-game.
BOff skills points are unlimited and in practical terms infinity once you are suitably high level. BOff skill points seems in short supply at lower levels because they are. But at Commander, you generally reach the tipping point. You'll start to have more BO Skill Points than you need. And by Captain, you really start to accumulate points even with some substancial retraining of BOffs. My earlier VAs have in the 2-300,000 BO Skill points.

And somehting else that added to the limitless fountain of BO Skill Points, are your skill points. Once you hit the level cap (current Vice Admira/1) any skill points you would have earned are converted into BOff Skill points. So you start to earn them at over double the previous rate.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
Tbh, I've never seen the option to pay using Merits, I know people have said it is possible, but I can't find the option. Oh and for the record, I still have a free re-spec to use, from attaining VA.
I believe if you just go and respec, it will tell you how many merits it will cost. You have to have used up all your free tokens before it will tell you, though.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-E-Mouse
Well as I've only been playing for 40 odd days, your comment is invalid.
My fault. I didn't notice that your join date was last month.

Over the last 9 months since STO launched, people have literally made thousands of posts crying and screaming about the C-Store. Their posts included such nonsense as "Cryptic is blackmailing us" or "Cryptic is a shady company that's ripping us off" and even "I'm going to talk to my lawyer about this!!!"

So you can see why some of us are just flat getting tired of hearing about it.

You couldn't have know that however, so please accept my apologies.