Lt. Commander
# 1 Web API
10-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Is there a Web API, any plans on implementing one? I want to make a fleet web-site, putting in-game info that is automatically update is a big plus imo, please see Eve Online API if you need a reference to what I'm talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-30-2010, 06:34 AM
There is none and no plans for one. Fleets create their own websites, sometimes message boards.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-31-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
There is none and no plans for one. Fleets create their own websites, sometimes message boards.
I think you're missing the point...

An API wouldn't replace a fleet website; it'd be used to get realtime (or near-realtime) info from STO to display dynamically on websites. It'd be a way for a website to show what members are online, or what they're currently doing, etc. It could also pull their stats so fleet websites could have their own Captain Databases.

WoW doesn't have APIs, exactly, but there are XML pages you can pull information from. I used this, myself, on my WoW account to keep an updated member list and provide a directory with their class, race, professions, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
I think you're missing the point...

An API wouldn't replace a fleet website; it'd be used to get realtime (or near-realtime) info from STO to display dynamically on websites. It'd be a way for a website to show what members are online, or what they're currently doing, etc. It could also pull their stats so fleet websites could have their own Captain Databases.

WoW doesn't have APIs, exactly, but there are XML pages you can pull information from. I used this, myself, on my WoW account to keep an updated member list and provide a directory with their class, race, professions, etc.
I understand. I was just stating what fleets are currently doing. There is no API to help them achieve this. Perhaps I should've been more clear.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-01-2010, 06:27 AM
The only interface I know is an XML interface to the captain's database. I'm not sure if it still works, or how good the information will be since the captain's database appears out of date at the moment.

Here is the thread for that discussion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2010, 06:11 PM
I ended up bumping that thread, hopefully it will put some new eyes on it.