Lt. Commander
# 11
10-22-2010, 11:05 AM
I was just about to post a thread regarding the option for Manual Red Alert.

You make good points, but at the very least...

Shouldn't we have the option to CANCEL Red Alert, after the action is done? It's a constant and very frequent frustration to be stuck unable to leave a map for the 6-10 seconds needed for it to end, or to be unable to scan something, or worse; unable to do critical things like heal yourself with a tribble after you've killed all your enemies and left you on plasma fire or with a Borg nanovirus and you're about to die.

Or the idiocy of missions where you hit a ship, and they somehow manage to run away, and your officer tells you CHASE THEM! And you... can't. Because you're stuck on Red Alert. And by the time it goes away, they're completely out of sight and off the radar
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-29-2010, 03:20 AM
Technically the alerts are in the game.

Condition Green = Weapons Offline, Shields down. Crew at their normal operational stations.

when we are in sector space, warping around. that's what we are at. But generally since the federation is in a time of war, if a ship is stopping chances are is to investigate something, or encounter something.

Yellow Alert = Weapons offline, Shields up, Crew at the standby.

In this case, when we come out of impulse, the shields are up and the weapons are primed.

Red Alert = Weapons ready to fire, Shields up, Crew at Battle stations

Shields are up, weapons at the ready and crew to battle stations.

technically, the only part of the whole thing that doesn't fit into this is that the weapon system is ready at yellow alert. But then again maybe at yellow alert the weapons are energized and are ready for a fire command.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-03-2010, 06:57 PM
If you wanted to get all techy, you could implement voice controls through one of the available programs. Then, when you said "red alert" the things that you want to be activated would be.

One of the members of my fleet has tried this - using voice commands and assigning multiple actions to a single command. But I don't know how successful he has been.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I'd much rather be able to just cancel red alert at will.