Lt. Commander
# 61
11-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoben
Not just ANY Dabo table. Put in a High Roller one. 1K Energy bet or some other higher number then 100 Energy.
I like this idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
...I would rather see the holodeck running a continuous version of Vic Fontaine's Club (DS9) or New Haven (VOY). Or have two holodecks each playing one of these.
Random or cyclical themes to the entire station. Instead of being relegated to a holochamber somewhere. Monday is 20s-era decor, Tuesday something else, etc.

Honestly, I'm hesitant about recommending making it a "one stop shop." People should go there because they want to go there, not because it's efficient.

I'd be more willing to say to make it a neat place that people want to go, without any real benefit to going there. As it is now, well, it's got a nice view I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruug View Post
How about the Captain's Table being the ONLY place from which you can access the new FORGE coming in Season 3.
Or perhaps a place to share newly created Forge missions.

The reason the Captain's Table was created was a place for captains of all years to come together and tell they're storys, sharing are newly made missions there with other player would sort of be like telling are storys (thou it being the only place to do it may not be a good idea, just a thought).
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Being a Lifer, I went to the Captain's Table when it was first introduce. It was promoted as being a Big Deal, but even when new I went there it was nearly empty. I didn't get it then. I recently went back. It was totally empty. I was the only person there. It's pointless. I still don't get it.

I have to make two instance jumps to get to ESD where I can get/do everything I need/want. Why would I want to make three to get to the Table when there's no point to the place?

Also, I hate the Aenigma Nebula being in Sol and Qu'noS. It's not realistic. Not canon. It is silly and it's existance breaks my immersion every time I see it.

To improve the Captain's Table:
1) First, you have to move the Table's doorway, the Nebula. Put it in Sector Space somewhere. Pi Canis or Eta Eridani seem logical. Anywhere but in orbit around Sol/Qu'noS. Please!

2) Add Services:
  • Exchange
  • Mail
  • Bank
  • Tailor
  • Medical Officer (Injury Healing)
  • Bridge Officer Trainer
  • Captain Respec
  • Ship Selection
  • Ship Tailor
  • Ship Repair (Ship "Injury" Repair)
  • Ground/Space Stores (EC, Marks, Emblems, etc. vendors)
  • Emblem-to-Mark/Badge (and vice versa!) Money Changer
That's just the basics. Seriously, you want to make this place a One Stop Shop zone. To do so further, add some special features, available no where else:
1) Allow entry to the Captain's Table, as you do PvP/Ship Interiors, via the Mini-Map Drop Down menu or perhaps even a special Transwarp power. While this might seem to be too advantageous, take a moment and think about it... Except for RPing, the travel to/from any hub is just a timesink to keep us playing longer. Table access is for Lifers and 400 Day Vets. The Lifers don't pay (anymore) to play, so really our presents in game is more burden than not, so the less we're on is actually better (sort of like how Gyms want you to pay your dues, but not really come and work-out, taking up machines/equipment). And 400 Day Vets that are still paying a monthy fee... Clearly, they're commited, they're gonna keep playing. They are just unable/willing to pay a lump sum. Give 'em a break and take out the timesink. Anyone that wants to RP and chooses to spend time flying to the Table can travel to the new Aenigma Nebula "system" in Sector Space.

2) As Jockey79 suggested: The shops at the Table should buy back items for a small amount (5-10%) above normal 50% value.

3) As Jacoben suggested: Add in a High Roller Dabo Table. Make it "No Limit" table, or at least a high limit, where we can spend more than 100 EC per spin. When you add other games (like Poker) add them to the Table.

4) Sell unique items. It can be fluff (funny burp drinks as mentioned above), cool cosmetic items (clothes/uniforms), maybe even have small buffs (special devices for ship/crew). Maybe even the Table offers special data samples needed for new Mem Alpha Crafting that can only purchased via GPL. Maybe someday make a special ship that can only be purchased here.

5) Special Quests: Make Cap a Misison giver. Lifers and 400-Day Vets have been around the block. Give them access to a couple of cool new Missions from time to time, and/or silly things (go buy a jumba stick, or whatever).

6) Storage: In addtion to the normal Bank. Make a new/special Account Storage Bank only accessable here. Again, in theory people who visit the Table will have played a long time and may have accumulated a lot of junk. Have a Bank that can be accessed by all characters on a given Account. Charge X Energy Credits (or GPL!) per month to keep it. Automatically, deduct from the character(s) and if you don't pay, you're locked out from your items until you pay the back rent + interest.
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Don't allow the captains table to be entered from everywhere, thats ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-04-2010, 05:40 PM
The biggest way to get me to keep coming to the Captain's table: Sell more than the Tier 1 items and things I can pick up almost anywhere. If you sold items for all ranks either at a discounted rate (not significant) or just simply had a much wider selection than any other base, I'd go there. Doesn't necessarily have to be items I can only get at the Captain's Table, but perhaps Common and Uncommon Drops I can buy.

Getting to there easier would definitely be a plus, as well as a few nick-knacks unable to be gotten anywhere else, but at the end of the day. I just want to be able to make that the most convenient place to go and get things. Yes, MORE convenient the Earth Space Dock.
Lt. Commander
# 66
11-04-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link8909 View Post
Or perhaps a place to share newly created Forge missions.

The reason the Captain's Table was created was a place for captains of all years to come together and tell they're storys, sharing are newly made missions there with other player would sort of be like telling are storys (thou it being the only place to do it may not be a good idea, just a thought).
Well at the table, and within Holodecks inside your ship's interior for example. That would be very acceptable.

I know that's deemed restrictive and low profile, given the extensive pushing we have seen, but one can dream.

---
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
Well, since pretty much every functionality has been mentioned, I'd kind of like to see a wider variety of aliens, perhaps some not from either the UFP and KDF.

For instance, it would be interesting to witness Vulcans and Romulans having debates over ancient history, a Vorta having a conversation with a Betazoid, a Lethean buying an Andorian a drink, ect.

Basically make it a mecca of activity showing a plethora of aliens, and driving home the point that despite having opposing governments, many aliens aren't xenephobic and love cultural diversity, and the captain's table provides that. Perhaps the Captain's Table was orchestrated by the Metrons or Organians to act as a building block for tolerance amongst enemies. Perhaps the Captain's Table could be an exclusive place where you can see/talk to a Metron or Organian.

p.s. It would be awesome if some Talosians could be walking around...perhaps observing the various alien lifeforms.
Lt. Commander
# 68
11-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valxocia
Well, since pretty much every functionality has been mentioned, I'd kind of like to see a wider variety of aliens, perhaps some not from either the UFP and KDF.

For instance, it would be interesting to witness Vulcans and Romulans having debates over ancient history, a Vorta having a conversation with a Betazoid, a Lethean buying an Andorian a drink, ect.

Basically make it a mecca of activity showing a plethora of aliens, and driving home the point that despite having opposing governments, many aliens aren't xenephobic and love cultural diversity, and the captain's table provides that. Perhaps the Captain's Table was orchestrated by the Metrons or Organians to act as a building block for tolerance amongst enemies. Perhaps the Captain's Table could be an exclusive place where you can see/talk to a Metron or Organian.

p.s. It would be awesome if some Talosians could be walking around...perhaps observing the various alien lifeforms.
Speaking of this, add occasionally odd/whacky/strange/awesome events that are semi-random.

Things like a Klingon chasing a romulan into the room suddenly, screaming for the 'dastardly pointy-ear' to give him back his bloodwine as he brandishes an early mark disruptor and bat'leth.... only for the patrons to look but for a moment, collectively shrug, and go back to drinking. Not their problem, after all.

Or some little dude standing up on the stage, and proclaiming himself 'Lord Zim the almighty and Moist', and making outrageous claims and demands.

That's actually something all stations need, a bit more variety to what happens. The Captain's Table just needs to be more awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 69
11-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
Here's a short list of what should be there. (Some may already exist, but... )
  1. Uniform Tailor
  2. Ship Changer
  3. Ship Designer
  4. Emblem Merchant
  5. Respec Merchant
  6. Exploration Token Merchants
  7. Dabo Table
  8. PvP Token Merchants
  9. Exchange
  10. Fleet Bank
  11. Mail
  12. Library Computer (Ship Spec's and such)

That's all I can think of at the moment, but that would be a great start. I'd still like to have a Transwarp directly there though.
THIS ^^^

This would give us a *reason* to go there because currently there is no need to make the trip!

I mean we have to drive all the way to Earth, zone in, drive some more, zone in, park..... Jeez - It's like driving all the way across town to the mall only to find the only store there is the one selling Slap-Chops and Sham-Wows.

Oh, but we do have a marvelous 'fountain level'.

Please make access to it from the drop-down similar to visiting the bridge or transwarping. I mean since we can already transwarp to another more functional station, why waste the effort? Also, please remove that darn eyesore from ESD space (along with the silly purple nebulas). Please move it to a more neutral place. There are plenty of unused star systems floating around Sirius - just pick one. What about that "black hole" in Regulus?
Lt. Commander
# 70
11-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Being a Lifer, I went to the Captain's Table when it was first introduce. It was promoted as being a Big Deal, but even when new I went there it was nearly empty. I didn't get it then. I recently went back. It was totally empty. I was the only person there. It's pointless. I still don't get it.

I have to make two instance jumps to get to ESD where I can get/do everything I need/want. Why would I want to make three to get to the Table when there's no point to the place?

Also, I hate the Aenigma Nebula being in Sol and Qu'noS. It's not realistic. Not canon. It is silly and it's existance breaks my immersion every time I see it.

To improve the Captain's Table:

...snip....
He said everything I tried to, but much nicer...