Lt. Commander
# 1 A big thanks are in order.....
11-02-2010, 06:06 AM
Just when my head swells with over confidence..........

And my drive pushes me to the point of sheer arrogance........

I get denied by the Klingons......after all.....Klingons have made me a better player....

And just when I thought I learned as much as I can, the Klingons teach me more.

This is a big thank you to the dedicated people who reguarly roll a kling........its not easy being Klingon.

And you guys have taught me so much in the regard of PvP respect, and what good combat is all about in STO.

You guys have once again humbled me......to the effect of zero kills and low end points....

Again you have taught me that I need to go back to the drawing board, and become better for our next meeting.

I can only hope I go out full blaze with as much honor as a Klingon would.

Even when battle is bad, it is good........thanks guys....i look forward to our next encounter.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-02-2010, 06:09 AM
so i take it you got taken to town and i wasnt in that match??? baaw
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-02-2010, 06:13 AM
Its not if i got taken, its the lessoned learned from being taken.

As long as i die well...........thats all I need....

And lately.........I've been learning much.

I dont see the Klingons I fight as a scourge, rather a tool.

And you gotta admit....most of those that roll a klingon on the heavy rather than a fed are pretty knowledgable about how to effectively stuff an opponent.

And if it means I have to lose horribly to learn something....then I didn't really lose.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-02-2010, 06:24 AM
This isn't solely on the fed side. Yesterday I was teamed up with another klingon pug, one of whom apparently thinks the world of himself.

We lost that arena to a good fed group 8-15, and this klingon was going on and on about how we klings suck and were a bad group.

Next match, I was teamed with him again, and this time we won 15-3 and he was bragging in zone chat.

/facepalm

Moral of the story:
In pvp, regardless of what faction you're in, check your ego at the door and enjoy the fights.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-02-2010, 07:05 AM
but my ego makes a PvP with PuGs that much more amusing
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-02-2010, 07:19 AM
I guess what Im getting at is there are some really smart people that play this game. And every Klingon I have come accross in PvP (ego aside) hasn't been as brash, unorganized, and impatient as most Fed players I seem to have been paired with lately.

PvP especailly goes to prove that there will always be someone better than you no matter what. And Im not complaining for being popped by the opponent. Rather I'm voicing my appreciation for some of the absolute skill I have been running into on the Klingon side recently.

granted you will get a duh moment on either side, and both teams have their merits. Yet, I seem to learn more from how the Klingons take me down as opposed to me just flying in and decimating kill after kill.

PvP isn't what I'd hope it'd be in the way of options and change of scenery. Still it's that handfull of really good players that push my ego down my throat and teach me something that I didn't know before.

And usually those good players are rolling Klingons at the time at least from my perspective. And having played both sides of the isle....you have to be able to really appreciate what kind of mind sticks with the Klingon faction for better or worse considering the current state of the Klingon side.

It is this reason alone that I give my due to those really good Klingon players.

Especially when they are stuffing me into the darkness of space.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-02-2010, 08:58 AM
For Klingons to level up and NOT go through PvP is beyond boring. With the amount of grinding that is needed to get to Lt. Gen. 1 and not going through PvP, well, it would make most give up, hence a lot of Klingons are good at PvP and are good with team work since they have to in order to get to that point.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Just when my head swells with over confidence..........

And my drive pushes me to the point of sheer arrogance........

I get denied by the Klingons......after all.....Klingons have made me a better player....

And just when I thought I learned as much as I can, the Klingons teach me more.

This is a big thank you to the dedicated people who reguarly roll a kling........its not easy being Klingon.

And you guys have taught me so much in the regard of PvP respect, and what good combat is all about in STO.

You guys have once again humbled me......to the effect of zero kills and low end points....

Again you have taught me that I need to go back to the drawing board, and become better for our next meeting.

I can only hope I go out full blaze with as much honor as a Klingon would.

Even when battle is bad, it is good........thanks guys....i look forward to our next encounter.

Qapl'a..

As a klingon only player I appriciate the post because its mostly always how klingons are "OP" so
its nice to get one with some praise form the feds....

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apt.pupil
but my ego makes a PvP with PuGs that much more amusing
Haven't noticed any ego yesterday when I was fighting you. But you sir, are a nice sport!
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank65
Qapl'a..

As a klingon only player I appriciate the post because its mostly always how klingons are "OP" so
its nice to get one with some praise form the feds....

Thanks.
While I haven't played a Kling for a while now, they are still my Fave. I decided that not until season 3 will I put effort into the Klingon side....i have my reasons. Yet please remember its not what you fly or which side your on....its how you fly it and whether or not you put effort into your char.

Both sides have raw talent, both sides know how to grab the preverbial goat.

I just see more sportsmanship with Klingons......therefore I must give one hell of a fight........its the honorable thing to do win or lose.