Ok, so, aside from a Dabo Table (That's a given) what else would you all like to be able to see at The Captain's Table? Lay it on me!
How about giving a vendor that buys stuff back at 100% value! That'd make me go there occasionally.
How about vendors that sell the 72% food?
How about vendors that sell green/blue/purple level badge/emblem stuff you can't get elsewhere?
I'd love a [Turn]x3 engine for my Sovereign.
When I go into the 'Eye of Sauron', make people envy me.... at least till it's common ground for all the 'little people'. :p
Here's a short list of what should be there. (Some may already exist, but... )
Exploration Token Merchants
PvP Token Merchants
Library Computer (Ship Spec's and such)
That's all I can think of at the moment, but that would be a great start. I'd still like to have a Transwarp directly there though.
Also someone mentioned crafting stations. That'd be cool. My dream for it will be that it is a one stop shop for everything. Nothing you cant just get elsewhere, but make it super convenient. Couple cool extras would be awesome, but nothing to give an unfair advantage. Also, can we please transwarp to it? That would be awesome.
Not a lifer yet, I don't know what is there, but I think it should have everything that Deep Space K-7/Ganalda station and Earth Space Dock/Quonos offer.
- Vendors that sell common gear of all tiers.
- Ship vendors
- Emblem, Mark and Badge shops
- Respec Officer
- Repair and Healer "shops"
- BO trainer
- Latinum Gear
- Emblem Exchange Vendor.
I can see an argument to be made for there being no way to buy Bridge Officers.
It should probably also have at least one perk that might make it worth going there. Maybe the only place to acquire common Mark XI gear. Or the only place to buy tribbles or rare foodstuff. Transwarp Tokens to the Table. A latinum store for unique trophies. A Crafting station for consumables only.
Actually, I like this idea better than my last one. Consumable transwarp tokens. (unless i misunderstood your idea).
This is what im thinking. Have a way to get to the table from SOL space and from qunos. (maybe change the details to make it seem better canon wise). Then players will have the option to buy tokens that allow you to transwarp there from anyone. I dont mind having to pay up a little bit for the added convenience of getting there. Especially if we add a lot of the things being suggested, make it totally work my time to be there.
Move it to earth. I don't care where. Paris, London, NYC, Starfleet Academy. It doesn't matter.
Though if you were cool enough to put Fleet HQs at San Francisco, that would be props.
As for inside the aenigma nebula:
1) vendors selling various common goods, such as hypos, at 85%
2) vendors who can sell high-level food with an associated cooldown. For instance, you can buy a heart of targ, but then you have to wait a week before you can purchase from the vendor.
3) a unique quest once in a while. even if it's just a "fetch" quest, something that will help bring in an emblem or diplo would be great.
4) a puzzle mission every month that can give you the opportunity to train a BOff in a rare or very rare skill. Something like, "my cat got lost in the eps conduits and the only way to get it out is to statically charge the air with ionized gasses. trip the wrong system and kitty turns into a fritter." I'm more of a dog person
5) poker and dabo tournaments for items specific to the blinds/bet amount (figure a monthly tournament at aenigma and bi-monthly at DS9 and Ganalda.) The higher the blinds in poker, the rarer the item. It adds a pride element, as well, since klinks can play against feds here.
I think the amount of vendors here should be somewhat limited, but emblem, mark, and other quest-currency vendors must be present.
I don't like like the Captain's table that much either, but...
Forgive me if this sounds elitist in any way, but I was thinking of the implications of the Foundry and managing problems regarding this UGC. What if, and this also may sound like a ferengi, we limited certain aspects of the Foundry to regular subscribing players? We opened up full access to the foundry at the Captain's table. After all, anyone who stays for 400 days certainly deserves such a cool reward to be granted Top level access to the Foundry.
This might make it easier for the Devs to do "crowd control" so to speak.