Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 91
11-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Not trying to discredit so much as humble. I like QEW
I think you guys have it stuck in your head that we're here to gloat and claim to be the best, when that is just not true. That is what just got Lore in trouble, why would we make the same mistake?? This is clearly why we outlined in the first post, first line, BOLDED of what the reason is.

Our fleet has been humble the entire time, never getting into arguments with other fleets or posting anything about ourselves ("Top three klingon fleets" we refer to ourselves as). We try to explain things logically and be reasonable. The goal is to have Lore humbled (which again, seems to be the case) after the display they had (and openly admitted to here).

As for TSI, we have been playing in matches with them a lot in the last few week (not even 5 made premade teams from our side that I can recall), and this is due to Cryptic finally giving klingons some attention. The promise of a sci ship is good enough. Before there was no hope in sight, and it simply wasnt fun.
Lt. Commander
# 92
11-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Did u guys have to spam the results on a new thread?

I mean, good job guys, LORE is a great team, and you guys did beat them badly, but ever hear of humility?

Not taking sides, as i said, its a great win, but i really dont think you should of started a thread like this to declare your win.

It wont make your group look good.

2 cents..
Lt. Commander
# 93
11-05-2010, 10:55 AM
I remember my first meeting with beagles... lol I was told in zone chat that I was a noob sci and did absolutely no damage... after that he challenged me to a match needless to say we all know who won and it was lol. but on a lighter note @beagles... I know you added a disclaimer at the beginning of your post but it means absolutely nothing.... you can say all you want that this isn't to gloat but it was... fleets talk crap... heck i call TSI, HAXORZ all the time, you chose to take something that was overall not public, (OPvP is not that large) and post it on the public forums, for what other reason would you do this than to gloat over your victory? If this was something that was posted all over the forums and was a huge thing then yea pop the final tally on that FORUM alone... not make a brand new thread to say... LORE R NUBS WE R THE PWNZERS FEAAAARRRR USSSSS . I just dont agree with your argument... I agree with many others in saying that Lore is the best klinker fleet on premises that you know they wouldn't have posted this look at us thread.
Lt. Commander
# 94
11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
I think you guys have it stuck in your head that we're here to gloat and claim to be the best, when that is just not true. That is what just got Lore in trouble, why would we make the same mistake?? This is clearly why we outlined in the first post, first line, BOLDED of what the reason is.

Our fleet has been humble the entire time, never getting into arguments with other fleets or posting anything about ourselves ("Top three klingon fleets" we refer to ourselves as). We try to explain things logically and be reasonable. The goal is to have Lore humbled (which again, seems to be the case) after the display they had (and openly admitted to here).

As for TSI, we have been playing in matches with them a lot in the last few week (not even 5 made premade teams from our side that I can recall), and this is due to Cryptic finally giving klingons some attention. The promise of a sci ship is good enough. Before there was no hope in sight, and it simply wasnt fun.
If your fleet is humble you would not have posted this thread, nor would you have felt the need to correct another fleet and "humble" them. All this thread has done is make QEW look bad. I believe literature professors would call this Verbal Irony.

To quote Wierd Al Yankovic,
Quote:
Think you're really righteous? Think you're pure in heart?
Well, I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art
Lt. Commander
# 95
11-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
I think you guys have it stuck in your head that we're here to gloat and claim to be the best, when that is just not true.

Our fleet has been humble the entire time.
Beagles I don't know you, you don't know me, but here's my take on this thread.

----
With all due respect...

I don't mean to offend...

I'm sorry if feelings were hurt...

I did not have sexual relations with that woman...
----
The above comments are all things people say when they really mean the opposite. Sometimes people even think they mean it. When you hear these phrases or ones like them it's a good sign that you can interpret what comes after to mean the opposite.

So people are taking a thread you started about a match that you won as gloating. Saying that you are not gloating because you are humble is coming across as being disingenuous.

The attempt to point out the victory and then convince everyone you're a gracious winner is going to be met with as much skepticism as a Ferengi philanthropist.

IMO there's nothing wrong with winning and posting about it. Just say "Yeah, how do you like me now, LORE?" and own it.
Closed Thread