Lt. Commander
# 61
11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post

Except...

Battle Cloak.
A universal BOff setup that applies to more than a Lt. Slot.
Cruisers that turn.
Ships that fire while cloaked.
Ships that launch repair platforms.
Ships that launch fighters below a certain Hull percentage.
A fleet where 90% of it can cloak, 100% up to T5.

Fed Science can get an extra ship when below 50% no?
Lt. Commander
# 62
11-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkehmo View Post
Fed Science can get an extra ship when below 50% no?
Every ship gets Fleet Support if that's what you're talking about, including klingon ships (that on top of the Orion Cruiser spawns or klingon Carrier spawns).

And no, Science Ships don't get spawns. Science CAPTAINS can toss out a Photonic Fleet, but again that's on both sides, and doesn't follow the ship (and again gets added on top of Orion Cruiser and klingon Carrier spawns and Fleet Support).
Lt. Commander
# 63
11-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Battle Cloak.
Cruisers that turn.

versus

Cloaking on limited vessels
Limited Universal slots on certain vessels
Phaser lance
Insta-Ablative armor
Saucer-separation
Tachyon Cloak detction grid

Yes, there are differences in the two factions, with some areas of "grayness" between the two, but nothing that says the feds needs a carrier, a BoP equivalient (why does the fed need a raider?) or anything special to offset the perception of KDF superiority.
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Battle Cloak.
Cruisers that turn.

versus

Limited Universal slots on certain vessels
Phaser lance
Insta-Ablative armor
Saucer-separation

Yes, there are differences in the two factions, with some areas of "grayness" between the two, but nothing that says the feds needs a carrier, a BoP equivalient (why does the fed need a raider?) or anything special to offset the perception of KDF superiority.
Wondering if quality of the ships performance which would make a big difference wouldn't it?

*Shrugs* Just waiting to see how the Vulcan ship come out as? Will it be a vanilla ship based on a existing one or have a new abilties?

Qualtiy of the ships do make a difference in some stand point.

Later.
Lt. Commander
# 65
11-05-2010, 02:34 PM
We've stated this a couple of times in the past. We don't currently have any plans to add a carrier type vessel to Starfleet.

This doesn't mean that it will never happen, however, right now, it's not something on our radar.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 66
11-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Are Fed players actually trying to say that Klingon's have more in this thread? Really?

That's pretty rediculous and I'M a fed player. I'm sorry, but Feds DO have a lot more than Klingon's do, everybody even the Devs see this. Every time klingon's get something unique to their faction Feds want it too PLUS some more.

I think it's seriously hilarious that someone on here braught up that Klingons have PvE now, 8 missions plus the weeklies, whoopty doo! I find it difficult to find something to do on Klingon side leveling up, with my Fed I have so much to do I often can't decide on what I wanna do!

Feds don't need a carrier, I'm not strictly against it but seriously, Feds simply don't need it - There's no real reason. Maybe I'm crazy but it always seemed to me that every time klingon's got something, Feds got the same thing PLUS some more. Season 2, Klingon's got 8 new missions to help through the grinding of all 51 (or how many levels it is) levels. Feds got what, 6 new missions to help grind through the new 5 level mission gap? They got almost as much missions as Klinks did to help out through about 1/5th of the grind Klingon's have to go through.

Stastistically, that means that for every Klingon mission, there's 8-12 Fed missions.
Lt. Commander
# 67
11-05-2010, 02:42 PM
By the way, here is some excellent advice on Anti-Carrier Tactics for the people who still think a carrier should be dealt with like any other ship. Read it, team up and give the Klingons a challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 68
11-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Battle Cloak.
Cruisers that turn.

versus

Limited Universal slots on certain vessels plus a lt cmdr eng slot on a Sci Vessel
Phaser lance
Insta-Ablative armor
Saucer-separation
Cruiser that has a lt cmdr tac slot, and said cruiser has the same hull strength as a gal r or any other fed cruiser

Had to make those 2 minor changes Roach, hope ya don't mind. (Buff KDF, I want a Bird of Prey that can initiate ramming speed at 100% hull health AND cloaked)
Lt. Commander
# 69
11-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We've stated this a couple of times in the past. We don't currently have any plans to add a carrier type vessel to Starfleet.

This doesn't mean that it will never happen, however, right now, it's not something on our radar.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Probably best to let Klingons keep the one unique game feature they have anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 70
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
I could see maybe a t5 Akira refit having a very small fighter wing as its "special" but I like the idea of Carriers being a Klingon difference overall.
Closed Thread