Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richander View Post
Another vote for sticky...

I was under the impression that feedback pulse ran off of weapon power. I'm almost certain that one of the dev posts or release notes specied this when it first came out.

So was that an error? Has it been changed? I'm not set up for feedback pulse at the moment and can't test it.
It was changed with the release of 1.2. the damage was nerfed and it moved from weapon power to Aux. This was done specifically because of crying of cruiser Captains that used auto fire on their beam array's. Instead of making them have to actually think they nerfed the crap out of the skill. Funny all they had to do was pay a little bit of attention and they could stop firing and total avoid it. Nope it had to be nerfed like most things to suite bad players.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNER0 View Post
i am pretty sure that higher auxilary increases the damage of ships in photonic fleet.
I can't back this up with numbers but I notice that if I summon my Photonic Fleet out when my Auxiliary power 90+, the Fleet seems to last much longer in combat and their damage seems to be a bit higher.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
There is a lot of question of what aux does for any given power, so here I will list the effect auxiliary power has on any given power. Most of this information came from going into the game, and seeing what happens to the power information when I adjusted my aux power settings.

This information should be accurate as of season 2.

Color key:
This power gets significant bonus from aux power, and you probably want to use this with as much aux power as possible.
This power gets a very situational or marginal bonus from aux power and/or it may not affect the effectiveness of the power itself or its major effects.
This power gets no bonus from aux power, or the bonus is too small to be meaningful.

Auxiliary power does this for the given power:

Science Powers

Charged Particle Burst: Increases shield drain
Energy Siphon: Increases buff/debuff duration
Feedback Pulse: Increases damage reflected
Gravity Well: Increases damage
Hazard Emitters: Increases heal and damage resistance
Jam Sensors: Decreases fragility
Mask Energy Signature: Increases stealth*
Photonic Officer: No discernible effect
Photonic Shockwave: No discernible effect
Polarize Hull: Increases damage resistance
Science Team: No discernible effect
Scramble Sensors: Increases duration
Tachyon Beam: Increases shield drain
Tractor Beam: Increases damage
Tractor Beam Repulsors: Increases damage and repel
Transfer Shield Strength: Increases shield healing and increases shield resistance
Tyken's Rift: Increases damage and power drain
Viral Matrix: No discernible effect

Engineering Powers

Auxiliary to Emergency Battery: Increases power buff
Auxiliary to Inertial Dampners: Increases resistances and speed/turn rate strengths
Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field: Increases Heal and Resistance

Science Captain Powers

Photonic Fleet: No discernible effect
Science Fleet: No discernible effect
Sensor Scan: Increases resistance debuff
Starship Dampening Field: Increases resistance buff
Subnucleonic Beam: Increases recharge time debuff

Other

Increases stealth detection rating on science ships

Increases stealth detection rating on non-science ships

Increases cloak effectiveness*

*Cloaking mechanics are notoriously hard to test, however the magnitude of change when changing aux power settings was insignificant compared to the magnitude of the stealth granted, according to the tooltip.
This is a very usefull post and it should be Stickyed
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-25-2010, 10:26 AM
I could change cloaking/MES to yellow if people think its really that different with aux, but the way cloak is used and countered, there is just no point to shifting power to aux for cloak.

And on photonic fleet, I noticed no difference when testing it, so unless its hidden modifiers like shield/hull resists, aux doesn't seem to do anything.

As for feedback pulse, that has never scaled with weapon power, at least not your weapon power. It has always been the target's aux that determines how much damage gets reflected, while the attacker's damage is factored into that to determine what damage they take in return. The attacker's damage of course is what scales with weapon power, but you can't buff your enemy's weapon power so they do better FBP damage to themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Please Sticky
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Bump, and a question.

Aux effects the amount of damage that FBP reflects, but how much? FBP III is stated to reflect back 100% of damage. I'm assuming that's based off of 75 Aux, where the rest of the Aux powers are balanced around. So how much of an effect does switching to 125 Aux have it on it? 150% damage reflected?
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Nice one Fox.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
great work foxrocks

just missed the part out for the shield damage resist bonus.

20% of the AUX energie setting run into shield dmg resist.
Those changes took place as the turnrate buff has moved from aux power to eng power.

but nevermind vote for sticky from me to

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...61&postcount=3
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alith-Ahnar
great work foxrocks

just missed the part out for the shield damage resist bonus.

20% of the AUX energie setting run into shield dmg resist.
Those changes took place as the turnrate buff has moved from aux power to eng power.

but nevermind vote for sticky from me to

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...61&postcount=3
"Power Level Changes: Turn rate improvement has been moved from the auxiliary power level to the engine power level. Updated Evasive Maneuvers to use the engine power level as the modifier to turn rate, instead of auxiliary. Increasing power to shields now increases shield damage resistance to any damage. The formula is shield power level divided by 500, so 100% shield power would impart 20% damage resistance."
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-08-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
I could change cloaking/MES to yellow if people think its really that different with aux, but the way cloak is used and countered, there is just no point to shifting power to aux for cloak.
The aux for MES doesn't really make a difference except when you're at 5 aux from full impulse. Minimum aux is usually enough.