Lt. Commander
# 1 Drake's new daily mission
11-08-2010, 08:06 PM
I just wanted to say, "Well Done!" to the team that put together Drakes new daily mission. That was exactly what a satellite repair mission should be. a little bit of problem solving, a little bit of combat and a sense of urgency in protecting officers under my command.

Once again, WELL DONE!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I take it you havn't tried the other two then... Thoose are much much better. IMO
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2010, 05:03 AM
What I don't like is the mission in Alhena ... sumtimes you can get 3 cumputer cumponents, sumtimes you can't get any. The very first daily I failed because I forgot to quit my team, and when I entered the map, it was filled with Galors and Keldies. Ouchies indeed, I lost an emblem and prubably 3 cumponents. Now I have 4 of them, I need 10 though, and today I didn't loot any. I'm afraid I won't have the accolade by Saturday night when the series finale and the 4th daily mission is up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
What I don't like is the mission in Alhena ... sumtimes you can get 3 cumputer cumponents, sumtimes you can't get any. The very first daily I failed because I forgot to quit my team, and when I entered the map, it was filled with Galors and Keldies. Ouchies indeed, I lost an emblem and prubably 3 cumponents. Now I have 4 of them, I need 10 though, and today I didn't loot any. I'm afraid I won't have the accolade by Saturday night when the series finale and the 4th daily mission is up.
Are you even sure that theres a limit on the time?

According to DStahl, theres only a chance for them to drop, so basically one could be unlucky enough to not get any before saturday... Dosen't seem likely that they would exclude people based on luck...
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-09-2010, 10:37 AM
O.o ..."computer components"...
Lt. Commander
# 6 Sattelite Repair
11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
There must be some secret on how to destory the two alien ships before the third sattelite is destroyed. I've tried 3 times and can't do it and I have Vice Admiral weapons.With only on chance to try per day, this is very frustrating. I can understand being only be able to do a mission daily if you complete it. But it's not fun waiting another day to just to try a failed mission again. Has anyone passed this satellite repair mission with no failures (red x's)?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergames View Post
There must be some secret on how to destory the two alien ships before the third sattelite is destroyed. I've tried 3 times and can't do it and I have Vice Admiral weapons.With only on chance to try per day, this is very frustrating. I can understand being only be able to do a mission daily if you complete it. But it's not fun waiting another day to just to try a failed mission again. Has anyone passed this satellite repair mission with no failures (red x's)?
You need to lure them away.

Basically you beam over the repair team. Next head straight between the two Galors. They will see you as Aggro the second you get within weapons range.
So you hit it and lure them backwards away from the satelite. Don't move too far away though, as you will also need to aggro a second wave when you've destroyed the first galor (bugships).
Preferably if you can move them "north", you should have the advantage.

This accomplishes 2 things:
1: If you die, they you will have a good handful of seconds to respawn, and get back to the battle.

2: You prevent the enemies from taking a shot at the satelite when they get bored shooting at me.

I've used this strategy for 3 days now, and I havn't lost the satelite since then.

On a note, the lure away works pretty well in the Deuterium mission as well.

Unlike most missions, that enemies won't reset when/if you die, because the satelite keeps them active.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergames View Post
The satellites can be repaired by standard Boff healing abilities, try doing that if you're running into problems.