Lt. Commander
# 11
11-11-2010, 04:40 PM
The only tweak I would make would be pivoting the arms so the elbows were closer to the body, but the lean and everything else are spot on with sprinting. But, even in its current state, I honestly prefer the new animation to the old one.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Okay, apparently everyone else is fine with this hideous Sprint animation. Well goody. It's the freaking CO Gunslinger animation change all over again. I guess I won't be playing my male characters a lot any more.

Because of a sprint animation that isn't even that bad?

Hm. Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Okay, we fixed the ladies' sprinting animation. Thanks a ton.

But for some reason we've left the guys running around like a bunch of apes out of an anime cartoon. Can someone please tell me what was wrong with the old animation? Was there a single player that complained about it? I don't remember any. Bring it back please. I just cannot get myself to continue sprinting with this animation. I'd rather just go slow.

Thanks again.

They are fiuxing all of the run animations beacause they are going to change running into 3 steps

1. Walk (Old animation)

2. Run (Last animation) Note: this is going to have no bar, your going to run till you stop moving.

3. Sprint (New animation) Note: This is going to be the sprint bar Animation

This is what I gathered from when they were talking about the new animations.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBlue918 View Post
They are fiuxing all of the run animations beacause they are going to change running into 3 steps

1. Walk (Old animation)

2. Run (Last animation) Note: this is going to have no bar, your going to run till you stop moving.

3. Sprint (New animation) Note: This is going to be the sprint bar Animation

This is what I gathered from when they were talking about the new animations.
eh? you can already walk/run/sprint.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
eh? you can already walk/run/sprint.
Yes, and I really hope they aren't planning on removing our ability to walk, since I don't want to run around everywhere when I'm trying to roleplay.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-11-2010, 05:10 PM
To much torso movement (side to side) and the arms are swinging to far out (to the sides).

The female sprint was adjusted a bit .. they reduced the lean a bit and it looks like they reduced the side to side flopping of the torso a bit. But the arms are still swinging to far sideways just as the male sprint still is.

The arms should not be 'pinned' to the sides ... but they should also be moving more front to back then side to side ... currently that isn't the case.

Personally, I could live with the current sprint anims if they would just get rid of the spinal compression in the jogging anim.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post

Hm. Oh well.
It was horrendous on female characters, and I'm glad to have seen it fixed. I can only imagine how bad it looks on men, as I do not have any male characters.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Its not so bad on male characters. I do agree is was terrible on females, though. But they fixed that, so I have nothing to complain about.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:

Hm. Oh well.
Yeah, because of an animation change. I haven't played my Munitions characters in CO for more than 6 months because of an animation change to a single power (Gunslinger). Now, it's an animation change to Sprint, something that (in STO) I use even more often than that power (in CO). That means I have to watch my character run like a typical caucasian brute in a crappy manga cartoon even more often than I had to watch that crappy shooting animation. Yeah, I don't think I'll be playing them as much.

Quote:
Its not so bad on male characters. I do agree is was terrible on females, though. But they fixed that, so I have nothing to complain about.
Isn't that bad? Isn't that bad?! If I was the artist who created that animation I would be ashamed to have it published to a live game. It's freaking hideous.

You may have nothing to complain about because your animation was fixed, but you don't have to scoff at others complaining about the same animation on the opposite gender characters.

Thanks.

Lt. Commander
# 20
11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I personally like the new sprint animation better than the old one. The arms flail out a little wider than they should, probably has something to do with clipping issues. I also only play males, so I don't really know how it looks on females.