Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon voice-over
11-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Whoever did the Klingon voice-over for the computer (e.g. "hull integrity under 75%) should be fired, if not outright lynched.

If I wanted the experience of a terrible MC over a loudspeaker, I'd go to a monster truck rally. Or perhaps watch the paid programming channel 24/7.

Can it be changed, or is it just best to keep it muted?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Whilst I would be inclined to put it into somewhat kinder words, I have to agree about this voice simply not fitting very well. Another poster compared it to a Borg a few months ago, and I think this description is spot on.

If I'd have to guess, it sounds as if they took some in-house employee but, as he simply did not sound "Klingon" enough, they tried to enhance it with voice manipulation technology. The end result is, sadly, still not very convincing.

My personal dream would be to have Michael Dorn speak two or three lines - not as Worf, obviously, but as the anonymous Klingon who tells us when our ship is under attack. He has great experience with doing PC game voiceovers, and did play other Klingons in the past. Implementing his famous voice into STO would surely evoke great approval from all KDF players.

If this is not possible, I'm sure you can get some rocker from a biker restaurant around the corner that can do a voice which sounds Klingon enough. Heck, ask amongst the players, I'm sure many here would be willing to give it a try themselves!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-05-2010, 01:09 PM
free labour!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-05-2010, 02:10 PM
COL Poktral would be a nice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-05-2010, 02:22 PM
It is still better than when we have the Fed voice overs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-05-2010, 02:46 PM
I aghree with Varrangian... better something than nothing. Some voice makes a huge difference to no voice.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a control panel switch that would allow us to substitute our own mp3's for the in-game announcements?

I can imagine clips of Worf, or Chang.

I can also imagine comedy oriented players using audio clips from the Simpsons, South Park, or Family Guy.

I can even imagine audio clips from beloved childhood video games like Gauntlet. "WARRIOR NEEDS FOOD BADLY." "WARRIOR IS ABOUT TO DIE."

:-)
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Well I also hatet the Klingin Voice when it startet... But after some time I got used to it and right now I even startet to like it.

A Michael Dorn voice over or the ability to use own clips would be, of course, far superior.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
It is still better than when we have the Fed voice overs.
The fed computer voice is a dead ringer for my aunt.