Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 81
11-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheras View Post
I guess its good that there are talented players like yourself with superior tactics and egos.
Indeed

Quote:
Keep up the good work and dont worry about all these noob feds like me.
Well we've killed each other in Ker'rat a few times and I might deign to do it again.

Quote:
How long do u have to wait for the VA KvF queue to open ? ..but then again your expectations are allways optimistic
Not long at all. That is an advantage of being mostly a K side player. There is no shortages of Feds in the PvP queues, it is Klingons that are in short supply.
Lt. Commander
# 82
11-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
If I can play Fed/Gorn Minefield without lag, so I cannot see the problem with a few lousy pets. Get a better computer and use better tactics against carriers
Hippo, I can play them (minefield) too, with no difficulty, however the pets are not so benign.

Ships don't just stop rendering in minefield, they do in 4x (or 5 as you suggest) Carrier teams, so there is clearly a difference. It is the exact same thing I get when the Crystalline entity spawns too many fragments. It just disappears and stops being rendered by the game engine. I know this doesn't just happen to me. Blaming it on the PC seems rather trite and dare I say, obnoxious. Not everyone can afford to buy a new PC the moment they encounter a problem in a single game.

I think klinks lately need a little more humility and sportsmanship and a lot less smug.

I would rather charge headlong into the fed PUGS with no shields and die honourably than sit back and watch my team mates pets do all the "hard" work. At least I can walk(fly?) away with a sense of achievement. It's not like my extra firepower is even necessary. I might as well just sit at the base and scratch my balls..

*deploy pets, chuckle, deploy more pets, put your feet up, chuckle a bit more...*

...boooring...

And when playing as a fed, in PvP, as the poster intimated, watching my team-mates get annihilated SOLELY by NPC mass attack is NOT what I signed up for, and really lacks one of the "P"s suggested in the game type...

What about this scenario exactly is supposed to entice PUGS to play against klinks? Is it any wonder the FvF queue gets more and more popular while KvF seems to be dwindling to near extinction? If klinks only want to play against pre-mades, fine, but look forward to waiting 20+ minutes for games at peak time, because PUGS will(are) leave(ing) in droves.

PUGs used to be able to beat klink teams. I've beaten quite a few in my time, but the new carrier teams are simply unstoppable by PUGs. Praise "experience" all you want, but the new carriers are clearly a game changer.
Lt. Commander
# 83
11-04-2010, 08:41 AM
I did a string of PvP matches Fed side yesterday and whilst admittedly I did not run unto any K side teams with more than 3 carriers, the 'persistent PUG' I was in had no problem smoking them at all. Indeed the only match we lost all morning was against a carrier-less pre-made with some very good Klingon players
Lt. Commander
# 84
11-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Lol, consider yourself lucky Hip

I have encountered 4 or more carriers on many occasions.

2 are relatively easy, 3 is do-able, but 4 or more just becomes impossible.

And my anecdote, is that I lost (terribly) 4 or 5 consecutive PUG matches against carrier groups, then by the grace of Gre'thor encountered a non-carrier team, and we smoked the shiz out of them.

But anecdotes seldom reflect the reality of things.
Lt. Commander
# 85
11-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEdiKLEZ View Post
Another question: How can i ask cryptic a question and be part of this ask cryptic thing? coz I really need a better network for fleets....
At the end of each month, a Cryptic moderator (usually Stormshade, I thinK) will open up a "Ask-Cryptic" thread. A selection of questions (not all of them) will later be answered and put online.

IIRC, the plan is something like having 1 Ask Cryptic, 1 State of the GAme, and 1 Engineering Report per month. The "Ask Cryptic" (the answers, not the questions) at the beginning of the month, and the Engineering REport in the middle (around the 15th). I don't remember now whether State of the Game is start or middle.
Lt. Commander
# 86
11-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
That when I'm clicking on buffs they didn't actually activate; they either reset on cooldown or just didn't do anything....
Happens in Champs and it happens here.. and in both places I find it just as fun. =/ I HATE THIS BUG!
Lt. Commander
# 87
11-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagum View Post
Tards in escourts going full speed into the other fleet waaaaay ahead of any support.
Amen to that!

It's either "I am a Star Cruiser, even if I COULD chase after you I wouldn't" or "Yeah...go pursue by yourself, I'll be turning around for awhile, good luck with that!"
Lt. Commander
# 88
11-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NohMalkiri
Amen to that!

It's either "I am a Star Cruiser, even if I COULD chase after you I wouldn't" or "Yeah...go pursue by yourself, I'll be turning around for awhile, good luck with that!"
I play the backline cruiser. I tend to drag my team into the fight kicking and screamning.
Lt. Commander
# 89
11-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I play the backline cruiser. I tend to drag my team into the fight kicking and screamning.
=)

So yeah...anyway: Fire at Will, Mines, Tricobalt Device and High Yield Plasma Torpedo no longer misfire...
One can only hope...

This makes me wonder if the free HY torpedo volleys from double clicking too fast with lag will be impacted. Those are always fun. Time to go find out!