Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
hmmm ... That got me to thinking of ways it could have been done ... or might be done if a similar situation pops up in the future.

One way to do that would be to issue each player some "armor" for them and their Boffs that when shown on the character looks like a generic TOS outfit. Then all the system has to do is check to see if that armor is slotted on the characters' sheets. Of course you'd have to forgo armor during the mission, so you may want to add one some level appropriate damage resistance to the "TOS armor".

Option two would be to create a personal holo-emitter like the kind you can buy for your ship only where it runs for the duration of the mission. When activated it would make you look like a generic person in TOS uniform and throw in a little flavor text explaining that holo-emitter "contains an image from the historical archives of an actual starfleet crewman of that era" or something like that.

Either way, you'd have to script it to disappear when the mission was completed. Of course you could add in a "safety" where the item is scripted to only show on certain maps (or not show on certain maps) just incase the removal code bugged on you.
Those could work.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-11-2010, 11:20 AM
The TOS uniforms are a c-store item.

If the mission treated you differently for wairing one than that would mean that players who didn't buy them had a disadvantage (they have fewer options on how to complete the mission).
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlewing View Post
The TOS uniforms are a c-store item...
Just thought I'd through out there that the TOS uniform was also a pre-order item for some people and is also available for free here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=142516

Lt. Commander
# 14
11-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch5430 View Post
It would also have been nice if I could go to a tailor on K7, Drozona Station or my own ship, but we'll get them eventually I hope.
There is a tailor on K7, in the armory
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Those could work.
Thanks. And let me say, that is one freaky avatar. That thing weirds me out every time I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBandgeek View Post
I really like this option. Doesn't sound like the coding would be too complex, and it would allow you to keep your toon and Boffs' appearance as well. Not a fan of a total face overhaul that the holoemitter would give. But in the future for any "travel to the past" missions, I would like to see Cryptic offer a uniform change to match the time period and have that alter NPC interaction
I prefer the armor option myself. The holoemitter idea wouldn't be quite as good for most missions where you need to be incognito because, as you said, you loose your toon's appearance.

However I think holoemitters might be useful if you ever have a special case where being your normal species would be the problem. The only situations I can come up with are a mission where you're trying to infiltrate an enemy base or one where you're trying to blend in while studying a pre-warp civilization. Most any other time you just need a change of clothes.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
There is a tailor on K7, in the armory

Thanks for the tip.