Lt. Commander
# 11
11-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahariKajal View Post
hmm, maybe it's possible to save your created missions local on your harddrive. so first you don't really loose your mission if you delete it from the web-foundry. maybe it works like the costumes you created: you only have 3 slots but you can always save them in the sto-folder on your computer.

i mean at least you could change your missions time by time.
Hmm, even if you could save it to your local hard drive, it still bothers me what happens after they're removed from the server.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-13-2010, 10:08 AM
a couple of considerations

1. STO needs content more than CO <I think> and cryptic knows it.

2. If I were to say, which of the 2 games has potential to grow more...STO
there are going to be more movies.....CO, what movies?

3. If there is a 'limit' missions that go public might be taken off the limit list. main reason: do you
want a player to delete a mission other players are currently in...just to open up a new slot ??
...ya ok, we killed the mobs now on to the starbase to arest the spy....bonk, sorry this
mission no longer exists................................problem?

4. there will be some kinda limit on non-published projects...they do take up memory and then you
have the folks that start a bunch of stuff then leave it...forever.

5. interestingly enuff...you need to create a toon for testing...to use the foundry...am guessing
that the toon you make will have X number of available project slots. If you dedicate a second
test toon...that toon MIGHT also have its own set of project slots. But not sure.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
a couple of considerations

4. there will be some kinda limit on non-published projects...they do take up memory and then you
have the folks that start a bunch of stuff then leave it...forever.
Of all he points you made this I agree the most. I completely understand, given that even I have some abandoned mission projects saved in word documents right now. But I'm sure the won't take down, or force you to, high ranked well played missions.

Possibly the lower ranked ones based on space, but not those 5 star ones. I just can't imagine that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammadelta1 View Post
Of all he points you made this I agree the most. I completely understand, given that even I have some abandoned mission projects saved in word documents right now. But I'm sure the won't take down, or force you to, high ranked well played missions.

Possibly the lower ranked ones based on space, but not those 5 star ones. I just can't imagine that.
ya, it would just create too many problems
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
ya, it would just create too many problems
Besides I can imagine that our first missions will be the 'What can this system do' missions and will probably play no part in our wonderful story arc ideas that everyone has. Once I'm used to it, that mission is NOT going to have a chance at being kept.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-13-2010, 10:51 AM
ahh the famous....lets see what this button does....mission

oh, so that is what happens when you put the bartender on the wrong side of the airlock
you need to fix that
NO, no no no.....I like it :p
Lt. Commander
# 17 UGC rewards idea
11-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Just a thought ... I know some people have argued that there should be some kind of reward for players who produce high-quality content. While I'm ambivalent on the idea of getting reimbursed for my play time, a thought did pop into my head.

What about rewarding those who consistently have high ranked missions with more UGC slots?

Basically, if you're making super content reward that by letting them present yet more super content.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
Just a thought ... I know some people have argued that there should be some kind of reward for players who produce high-quality content. While I'm ambivalent on the idea of getting reimbursed for my play time, a thought did pop into my head.

What about rewarding those who consistently have high ranked missions with more UGC slots?

Basically, if you're making super content reward that by letting them present yet more super content.
I really don't have a problem with this compromise, but it could be manipulated and unfair for some. For example, RPmappers or text-heavy reading missions might get low scores, but there are niche groups of players that really like those types of missions. Still, it's better than capping everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-13-2010, 11:42 PM
There are a lot of variables to consider

1. In the end, how many players write missions. If it is a ton of them...expect low caps
If it is a handful of players...they might loosen up on the caps

2. If a mission becomes public...will it be removed from your limit ? There are at least 3
classifications of UGC..1, the stuff we have not published yet, 2 the published, 3 the ones they
decide to make public (is now treated as a regular mission, not placed in the UGC tab)

3. Will it be tied to the number of test characters you dedicate to created content ? You get
upto 2 character slots for created content...am guessing one fed, and one klingon...if you
offer up both slots (they come off your normal character slots) do you get twice as many
mission slots?

4. Can you earn more slots? Buy them with latnum ? Energy credits? (doubt it) merits? ect..

5. can you buy them in the C-store ?

6. will vet rewards add more?

LOTS of variables