Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 31
07-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Thank you so much for this thread. I keep getting stuck all the time with my gun appearing like it's firing but it's not and i can't move ... going to try some of these suggestions out.

xx
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-05-2010, 11:04 PM
couldn't transfer character error cant do any thing
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannyone View Post
Several times now, when invited to a Klingon Bridge I have got stuck inside the bulkhead. The "/stuck" command did nothing. I couldn't abort anything, and the option to "beam up" was greyed out. And curiously I didn't show up as being on their bridge so the other Captain couldn't even kick me... All I could do was exit the game completely wait for 10 minutes then log back in. Then I found myself back where I originally was, as though I had never tried to visit someone's Bridge.
I had another instance of being stuck on someone's bridge last night. It was the default bridge of the B'rel Bird of Prey. One might think that this issue might have been fixed in almost 6 months... But sadly Cryptic does NOT fix their bugs. I supposed they think it gives their games "character".

And a few days ago I was doing a Fed mission in Alpha Centauri and when I beamed back up to my ship - my ship was lodged half way into a Nav Beacon. This is another case of something that has not been fixed in over six months. (As I know it used to happen quite frequently soon after release.) So my question is... What IS the Bug Department, at Cryptic, DOING????? I mean besides taking home a paycheck and commiserating with each other at the water-cooler...
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Litana
Hey, everyone!

Below is a guide to the many ways you can free yourself or work around issues in the event you get stuck. These options are designed to allow you to help yourself without having to wait in line for a GM to help you. This is not only faster for you, but these tools are what we will normally recommend first if you do get stuck. There are a few different scenarios in which you can get "stuck", and they have slightly different workarounds.

Can't load into the game at all/hang on loading screens
While we are currently investigating exactly what causes this, the workaround we have found helps most players. It involves accessing the Video Options and lowering the World Detail Level setting. We're working to create more robust self-help options in cases like this.

Lowering your video settings if you can't log into the game:
  • Open the launcher and log in.
  • On the Character Selection screen, click "Log Out".
  • Click the Options button on the right side of the screen.
  • On the Video tab, under Advanced options, lower the World Detail Level setting.
  • Log back in, and load into the game.
  • You may increase the World Detail Level setting slightly, but keep it relatively low.

I hope you have found the above workarounds helpful. Our goal is to make sure that you have options available to resolve minor issues and get you back in the game quickly.

Litana
Unfortunately, the above suggestions are useless. I'm testing the game to see if it's worth buying, and it appears it's a resounding NO!

Too many bug posts in the 'Recent Connections and Lockups' threads, too many disconnect, bug posts, preventing game play.

I can't get into the game now. And, have zero tolerance for such shoddy work. It's a waste of time and money to attempt to play a game... that doesn't work, nor do the developers seem to care about fixing it.

Fix it, or I'll not be the only one shopping elsewhere. In this day and age, this kind of poor workmanship doesn't cut it.

Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpiousAntares
Unfortunately, the above suggestions are useless. I'm testing the game to see if it's worth buying, and it appears it's a resounding NO!

Too many bug posts in the 'Recent Connections and Lockups' threads, too many disconnect, bug posts, preventing game play.

I can't get into the game now. And, have zero tolerance for such shoddy work. It's a waste of time and money to attempt to play a game... that doesn't work, nor do the developers seem to care about fixing it.

Fix it, or I'll not be the only one shopping elsewhere. In this day and age, this kind of poor workmanship doesn't cut it.

Good luck.
The inference would be that this game is nothing but buggy, which is actually far from the case. Considering the amount of hours people put in it is hardly surprising that some issues are encountered. Despite it's flaws, it is still something I consider worth paying for.

Just consider for a moment how many people play this game, how many cumulative hours are spent on it, then look at how few posts are on this thread, and how spread some of the dates between posts are. Don't overstate the case.

And for you kids whining about some bugs that still exist, how about the more pressing bugs that HAVE been fixed. Give credit where it is due eh? The game is far more stable and playable than it was 6 months ago. Just trace back through the engineering reports and release notes and count how many fixes have been introduced.

It's a damn shot better than playing bloody Farmville...
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
The inference would be that this game is nothing but buggy, which is actually far from the case. Considering the amount of hours people put in it is hardly surprising that some issues are encountered. Despite it's flaws, it is still something I consider worth paying for.

Just consider for a moment how many people play this game, how many cumulative hours are spent on it, then look at how few posts are on this thread, and how spread some of the dates between posts are. Don't overstate the case.

And for you kids whining about some bugs that still exist, how about the more pressing bugs that HAVE been fixed. Give credit where it is due eh? The game is far more stable and playable than it was 6 months ago. Just trace back through the engineering reports and release notes and count how many fixes have been introduced.

It's a damn shot better than playing bloody Farmville...
*Deep Sigh... I've been here since closed beta. And sadly I have to say that ScorpiousAntares has a point. There ARE more unattended bugs in STO than in any other MMO I've played in the last 10 years. And I've played most of them, not all, just 'most' of them. To be honest, the ONLY two reasons I am still here is that one of my best friends is an absolute Star Trek fan. And I have a lifetime sub (which I regret buying for myself and my friend).

Recently my friend got a new gaming laptop. The catch is that it has an ATI 5870 mobile graphics chip in it. And I have to say this game plays like crap on ATI hardware. We struggled allot trying to play through the Deferi Missions together because he kept crashing. And we know it's not the computer per se, other games like Mass Effect 2 play flawlessly, with everything dialed up. But NOT STO, it will barely play. And I know from other members of my Fleet that people with ATI graphics do have more than their share of issues.

So technically I don't feel ScorpiousAntares is too far out of line. It's easy for me to imagine him trying to get help with this game, and getting No Help at all from Cryptic. So I am certain he's just really frustrated. Now maybe you can't relate... but I know I can! (Even without having to suffer through exactly what he has experienced.)

You say:
Quote:
Just consider for a moment how many people play this game, how many cumulative hours are spent on it, then look at how few posts are on this thread, and how spread some of the dates between posts are.
But most of us have learned not to bother with these forums. We work out the problems on our own and try to help our friends play because we really like the Star Trek IP. Still we know that Cryptic isn't doing a very good job here. And what they call "Support" is a complete joke!

Oh, and one more point. I've never really played "Farmville" (yes I know what it is...) but saying this is better than that game is ... Stupid! They aren't alike at all. Maybe I can see the point of STO being more complex than Farmville. Though it's still not a useful comparison. There are, or have been, plenty of other games out that have the same level of complexity that STO has which, if compared, have fewer bugs. (From a logical perspective what you are doing is called a "straw man" argument... Google it if you want to learn something!)

The sad part is that lots of other MMOs don't survive. And, not trying to be alarming, but one of the common threads I've noticed with games that fail... they don't listen to their player base, and they have poor support. Dstahl does seem to be trying to listen here. But the support is still a joke! The bottom line is that I sincerely doubt I will get my money's worth out of the Lifetime Sub. (I really suspected that when I bought it - but I really wanted to support Cryptic and promote STO...)
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledbthand View Post
couldn't transfer character error cant do any thing
i have this on too in the alpha trianguli sector im stuck in the sector map and i can't load and map or change sectors i have tryed trans warp, restart my comp, reinstalling the whole game, playing with my graphics for the game but im still stuck its like wtf
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-14-2010, 12:43 AM
I've had issues with bridges (when more than two people are present) and first contact missions (when more than two people are present).

On federation ships, the third and subsequent bridge invitees can never use the turbolift. Attempts to use the turbolift force them into geometry (or more frequently, eject them into space). The stuck command deposits you back on the bridge proper, so third and subsequent visitors cannot access the rest of the ship.

In First Contact missions, the first two entering the mission beam in fine; others become stuck in the door or other locations. Attempts to use the /stuck command in this case fails with an error message stating that you are not allowed to use stuck here.

On some Klingon bridges, guests beyond the second are beamed into geometry and cannot escape.

(I wonder, is Cryptic's QA team no larger than 2 people?)
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroris View Post
...<snip...

On some Klingon bridges, guests beyond the second are beamed into geometry and cannot escape.

The Klingon Bridge (primarily the standard BoP bridge) issue has been around since beta. Not sure why they cannot fix it! Other than I suppose they fired the only "real programmers" after the engine was developed, and now no one at Cryptic knows how to fix Anything!

Oh, an I suspect "Cryptic's QA Team" is comprised of one person with a gerbil in their pocket (so they can refer to "We..."). But really what do I know!?! Well except for the fact that things are NOT getting fixed very quickly...
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroris View Post
I've had issues with bridges (when more than two people are present) and first contact missions (when more than two people are present).

On federation ships, the third and subsequent bridge invitees can never use the turbolift. Attempts to use the turbolift force them into geometry (or more frequently, eject them into space). The stuck command deposits you back on the bridge proper, so third and subsequent visitors cannot access the rest of the ship.

In First Contact missions, the first two entering the mission beam in fine; others become stuck in the door or other locations. Attempts to use the /stuck command in this case fails with an error message stating that you are not allowed to use stuck here.

I've encountered the turbolift problem several times.