Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-15-2010, 08:22 AM
The slingshot maneuver was classic but a little tricky. I also found the ending somewhat anti-climatic. And just BOOM back to your normal time period? Why couldn't we do that in the first place?
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
A minor quirk is writing that Scotty knows anything about "Transwarp Transporter Technology".... well maybe in the Abrams-Verse that might be true after timetravel Spock introduced him to the idea.... *cringe*....
I noticed that too - but that a not a minor quirk, that's a micro-quirk
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
According to the books, all vessels have a cloaking device put there by Section 31 that captains and even chief engineers aren't made aware of unless it suits Section 31's purposes to tell them.
Thank goodness Books are not Canon. :p

I really want an opportunity to finish what Bashir started.... to bring down Section 31 once and for all!!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
A minor quirk is writing that Scotty knows anything about "Transwarp Transporter Technology".... well maybe in the Abrams-Verse that might be true after timetravel Spock introduced him to the idea.... *cringe*...
People keep pointing this out... Except Spock-Prime was giving Scotty his own equations! >_>
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naju View Post
People keep pointing this out... Except Spock-Prime was giving Scotty his own equations! >_>
"How do we know that he didn't invent the thing?"
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I really want an opportunity to finish what Bashir started.... to bring down Section 31 once and for all!!!
Would love getting a storyline where you get the choice to either fully join them and get S31 quests in a Diplomacy-like system, or do the same in an attempt to harm them and expose their agents etc.

My captain actually agrees with much of what the guys do, so you'd have to fight her, btw..
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-15-2010, 08:37 AM
All starships have a flux capacitor, it's part of the warp matrix.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Well, my take on that is that Drake installed one of those Borg temporal things like Old Janeway did at the end of Voyager to enable time travel, and as we are in the future around where that episode is set, it sounds plausible to me.

I don't really have a problem with the multiple methods of time travel in one episode. I believe that Drake said that the Borg time travel device on your ship was designed to only work once or programmed only for the specific jump back to the 25th century, so you can't go around time travelling as you like.

I only played though the mission once though so I can't remember the exact dialogue.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naju View Post
...well yes he said that. BUT he said that in the Abrams Movie, which makes it questionable if that was just another stupid plothole.
Nowhere in TOS or ST 1 - 6 had Prime Scotty anything to do with Transwarp Beaming.

The only referrence for that tech is in a TNG Episode where a Ferengi named Bok used it to get on the 1701-D and even then Data said something like that it was unreliable technology or unstable or something and therefore we never heard of it again.

That all just doesn't add up.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-15-2010, 09:07 AM
I can't imagine TOS and ST 1-6 even account for the majority of that crew's adventures.

Scotty was a whiz on the transporter and he sabotaged the first transwarp drive. It doesn't seem weird that he'd be an expert at both technologies, especially by 2387.

Among other things, it's entirely possible that Scotty developed the tech between the end of TNG and 2387 and shared it with Spock.