Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
But isn't Startrek Online a Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game?

Do you really think it's fair that in a fleet action or when teaming up for a Cluster exploration or a new daily episode or in an STF is it right that those using Cruisers are best off, simply because they can't be killed by the enemy anyway and rake in decent damage?

Or do you just not care because you don't team up anyway or play at so low difficulties that it doesn't matter anyway what you fly? But then why worry about balance changes all that much? Do you fear that at some point, you might actually be challenged in space combat?

Balanced ships are in everyone's interest.
I didn't say that. I said making balance changes based from a PVP perspective in a game based almost entirely on PvE isn't the where the Developers need to put their focus because the implementation of each are far removed from each other. Try reading the thread.

Where did all the indirect personal attacks come from anyway? PvP'ers are such a touchy sensitive bunch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
The fact is I've got people who don't PvP as the main people against this. I'm talking PvP. PvP some, specifically with a team with escorts and science ships against a team with tons of cruisers who focus heal. Or be the cruiser team. You can't lose when you're a team with lots of cruisers who focus heal unless the other team does it too.
I see a whole lot of whining from you Para. I think you should quit while your behind.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
11-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Cruisers in PvP, teamed together focus healing is by far the best strategy in the game. Focus firing with escorts won't even beat that unless you use 10x the teamwork that is usually possible (like all 4 or so decloaking, firing on the same shields at the same time which requires a lot more teamwork than just focus healing).

Saying this game is meant for PvE is irrelevant. I'm talking about a problem in PvP. Where the devs should focus their efforts is another issue. I'm talking specifically and only about a balance issue in PvP. Saying "No, I'd rather have something else" or "I want something else" is not a matter in the discussion. It's another subject such as having a discussion about Medical Marijuana and having the against it argument being "I'd rather have my guns!"

Plus, I don't buy that Cryptic couldn't do a bit of both (focus on PvE with some PvP rebalancing not guns and marijiuana ;P). I think you underestimate Cryptic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
You're not going to garner much for your cause if you are going to insult anyone who disagrees with you.
Face palming in response to other people is an emotional response not an insult. Get that straight at least.





Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
I see a whole lot of whining from you Para. I think you should quit while your behind.
It's debate. But judging by your posts you have no ability to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Cruisers are fine. L2P the other classes properly
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Cruisers aren't broken, your escort is. Focus on fixing that instead IMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-15-2010, 01:15 PM
I've played Cruisers, Science Ships and Escorts and I can say that cruisers are "easy mode" compared to the rest.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Again, the insults aren't adding to your credibility. They just make you appear incapable of a compelling argument.

Nerfing Cruisers soley based on PvP is probably not going to happen because in PvE, they are right where they need to be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
The fact is I've got people who don't PvP as the main people against this. I'm talking PvP. PvP some, specifically with a team with escorts and science ships against a team with tons of cruisers who focus heal. Or be the cruiser team. You can't lose when you're a team with lots of cruisers who focus heal unless the other team does it too.
Maybe it requires an attitude adjustment on the players end? I'm a Fed VA Eng Cruiser jockey. What I see is a failure in the roles department. The perfect team is two Cruisers, two Escorts, and one Science ship. Hey, Escort jockies, you're supposed to go after their escorts. Let me worry about their Cruisers/Carriers. You do your job and keep those talented/annoying (depending on whose side you're on) Run and Cloak Birds of Prey off my six and I'll do my job of killing the Cruisers.

After you've dealt with the Birds of Prey, then jump on the Cruisers. It's right there in your ship's name. Escort. Now go escort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
I didn't say that. I said making balance changes based from a PVP perspective in a game based almost entirely on PvE isn't the where the Developers need to put their focus because the implementation of each are far removed from each other. Try reading the thread.
There are many types of balance one can talk about. PvP in Startrek Online is team-based. If you group up in PvE, it's naturally also team-based.
It is important that every member in a team has a distinct role and can contribute something valuable - ideally in a way that you want to cover all 3 ship classes and all 3 career types in a team.
That's what we want to achieve with the balance between the classes and it is true both in PvE and PvP.

So PvP and PvE balance are actually not that different from each other as some people think. If you look at it from a team balance perspective, you can cover both PvP and PvE. It won't cover the "special case" for PvP of 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 perhaps, but balance doesn't have to be absolute on all areas, and the expected team sizes in PvP start at 3 usually (Arena and Capture & Hold at least).

Quote:
Where did all the indirect personal attacks come from anyway? PvP'ers are such a touchy sensitive bunch.
Doesn'T PvP not stand for Poster vs Poster?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Cruisers in PvP, teamed together focus healing is by far the best strategy in the game. Focus firing with escorts won't even beat that unless you use 10x the teamwork that is usually possible (like all 4 or so decloaking, firing on the same shields at the same time which requires a lot more teamwork than just focus healing).

Saying this game is meant for PvE is irrelevant. I'm talking about a problem in PvP. Where the devs should focus their efforts is another issue. I'm talking specifically and only about a balance issue in PvP. Saying "No, I'd rather have something else" or "I want something else" is not a matter in the discussion. It's another subject such as having a discussion about Medical Marijuana and having the against it argument being "I'd rather have my guns!"

Plus, I don't buy that Cryptic couldn't do a bit of both (focus on PvE with some PvP rebalancing not guns and marijiuana ;P). I think you underestimate Cryptic.




Face palming in response to other people is an emotional response not an insult. Get that straight at least.







It's debate. But judging by your posts you have no ability to do it.
Your opinion is baseless. Your point is that 5 cruisers is unstoppable. 5 carriers are unstoppable. 5 escorts are unstoppable. Your just can't play properly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
11-15-2010, 01:21 PM
There's way to much flaming happening in here guys.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:09 AM.