Lt. Commander
# 21
11-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Does anyone have some pics they could post?
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-15-2010, 10:41 AM
First of all, yes... the tooltips are bugged on these weapons. Once you equip it and mouse over the abilities on your toolbar they will display correctly (scaled and in the correct order).

Second, the hand phaser and disrupter are scaling blue level weapons. The phaser is a stun gun (expose) and the disrupter is a compression pistol (exploit). Both have unique graphics and sounds related to them. However, like I said, they are blue... meaning they have one less "bonus" compared to a purple weapon. This is as it should be - someone should not be able to get the "best" weapons in the game at LT6 by doing a couple easy missions.

The phaser rifle is interesting. My first thought was that it was terrible however it has two things going for it - a knockback and "tick" damage, meaning you have a chance to crit on each tick. Further experimentation is warranted.

Lastly, yes... the proton gun is crazy OP. The fact that there hasn't been multiple threads calling for it to be nerfed amazes me - not to mention, as I said above, you should not be able to get the best weapon in the game at LT6 by doing an easy mission.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowedTune
First of all, yes... the tooltips are bugged on these weapons. Once you equip it and mouse over the abilities on your toolbar they will display correctly (scaled and in the correct order).

Second, the hand phaser and disrupter are scaling blue level weapons. The phaser is a stun gun (expose) and the disrupter is a compression pistol (exploit). Both have unique graphics and sounds related to them. However, like I said, they are blue... meaning they have one less "bonus" compared to a purple weapon. This is as it should be - someone should not be able to get the "best" weapons in the game at LT6 by doing a couple easy missions.

The phaser rifle is interesting. My first thought was that it was terrible however it has two things going for it - a knockback and "tick" damage, meaning you have a chance to crit on each tick. Further experimentation is warranted.

Lastly, yes... the proton gun is crazy OP. The fact that there hasn't been multiple threads calling for it to be nerfed amazes me - not to mention, as I said above, you should not be able to get the best weapon in the game at LT6 by doing an easy mission.
This is true but what i was saying as amn expose weapon it is extreamly week, weeker then any other ones and not saying makeing it a moster weapon lol just boost it some to be the same as the other hand phasers would be nice, cause personaly i like to use it most of the time cause of the cool factor but in actuality it so week i realy cant unless i want to take twice as long to take some one down lol,
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander_X View Post
You can't vaporize the people Night of the Comet or Everything Old. Not even with exploit weapons. The animation is turned off with them.
Maybe we can not but i am pretty sure i was at least 2 time vaporize by them
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
For me as a klink, I chose the type two phaser. I could be wrong, but it seems to be the only weapon with an expose on the primary fire, giving it a much faster recycle to fire off expose chances. this is useful in both pvp and pve, when you can easily switch back and forth between an expose weapon and a high damage exploit rifle.

I would have prefered to take the disruptor, but in my mind having an expose on the primary fit better with how I use a pistol in my play style.