Lt. Commander
# 11
11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbu_STO
Ignore the fighters from carriers, target the carriers, using visual scanning.

(Klinks don't want Feds to discuss this, so they distract the debate. That is what Worf would call "guile".)
Target the carriers? IGNORE the carriers is the way to go (other than the Kaf'fi carrier or whatever that is called. Kill that instantly).
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
No, it's not. You can actually get this boulder up that mountain.
First one must learn that there is no boulder and there is no mountain.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
First one must learn that there is no boulder and there is no mountain.
and then once again, there is a mountain.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Luckily I have a pocket Muhamed, so the mountain will come to me.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Quit playing clever with the myth of Sisyphus.

I tried using Albert Camus' essay based around it as a justification of the Death Penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Seriously. If you see the Vo'Quv, just run away. from any angle except where it is currently pointing. They can't chase.
I have 60K shields in my Vo'Quv with all my abilities defensive (and an engineer). I let my pets do the DPS.
Why? Because I don't cloak and will not be able to compete dps wise anyways.

Kar'Fi carrier should be one of the first things to take out.
1) Kar'Fi
2) DPS ships
3) Cruisers
4) Vo'Quv
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-13-2010, 08:22 AM
The biggest problem I had in FvK PVP is the Federation wouldn't attack the same ships. Lots of those players made poor target selections. You would have several players fly past healers to attack the cruisers who had heals.

Then one or two would quit because they would start throwing tantrums about being underpowered. Then they would make us underpowered by just sitting at the spawn point.

The carriers are the last ship you want to attack. You even had a carrier captain in this thread saying he doesn't have a lot of DPS. When you're firing on this thing with a massive hull. Their DPS is going to come and kill you before you kill it. They're meant to take lots of damage.

You attack it the way predators would a heard animal. You separate to weaken it and over power it with numbers.

You always take out the healers first in the smaller ships then the BoP's the carrier should be attacked last when it's alone. A couple ships can take out the average BoP pretty fast.

If you can get two or three to work together and attack the right targets. They will do massive damage to the healing ship he is going to die and will be healing himself and not the group so others will die.

Target priority and everyone attacking different targets is why the Feds loose.

You don't see a lot of Klingon groups making this mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
so what does teamwork mean when everybody in a pvp PUG group has different tactical ideas, or none at all?
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
so what does teamwork mean when everybody in a pvp PUG group has different tactical ideas, or none at all?
There in lies the problem, PUG. PvP is not designed with PUG in mind, in fact virtually no PvP is designed with the PUG in mind.