Lt. Commander
# 11
11-15-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxbad
Yeah. Noticed that. Wouldn't it be nice to see the voice response expanded?
Meh. I don't care either way.

Quote:
That's an aside to the fact that the extent of its content is frankly, pitiful.
Very true. I can't disagree with you there.

Quote:
I've done so. Perused both wiki and the impressive collections in the Academy section of this board. Most information is readily available, after leaving the game to search for it.
Yeah. Cryptic habitually doesn't produce any in-game documentation, ever. I suppose that it makes a kind of sense. MMOs are so large and the players typicially write up info nowdays. I guess Cryptic just figures they can either spend their time writing up the in-game documention or they can spend their time working on the game. So they choose number two.

Quote:
That's kinda what I did. I've done it a couple of times here. This is the first time I've interpreted any "attitude" in the responses. Sorry if, I offended you.
Sorry if my post sounded upset or like I had an attitude. It was unintentional.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Yeah. Cryptic habitually doesn't produce any in-game documentation, ever.
So, "Cryptic" is also descriptive?

Quote:
I suppose that it makes a kind of sense. MMOs are so large and the players typicially write up info nowdays.
Understood. That would be expected for very detailed mechanical analysis or various game strategies. I wouldn't expect it to carry over to basic information. (that's basic not minimal)

Quote:
I guess Cryptic just figures they can either spend their time writing up the in-game documention or they can spend their time working on the game. So they choose number two.
I don't see a distinction between the two. The goal is to provide a gaming experience that will appeal to as many people as possible. Frustrating new players, by ignoring their need for information that experienced players take for granted, seems counterproductive.

All I've tried to suggest here is a method to satisfy that need while keeping/adding to the Star Trek experience.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
1) I hear Majel's voice all the time, she's constantly letting me know when the enemy's shields have dropped and recommends that I fire Photon Torpedoes. All you have to do is to enable that in the options.
Isn't that actually Lani Minella?

(Then again, before I looked it up, I thought it was Judi Durand. Shows what I know.)
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malashenko89 View Post
Isn't that actually Lani Minella?

(Then again, before I looked it up, I thought it was Judi Durand. Shows what I know.)
Wow... she sounds a lot like Majel, I always thought it was Majel doing the computer voice but her IMDB profile doesn't list it.

In that case I would mind some more interactions with the Computer during missions aboard Starfleet starships and starbases. Doesn't have to be overly detailed, just a phrase when you first interact with the computer would be nice.

I must admit I agree with the OP though, there should be a Computer lab that acts as an in-game wiki, perhaps either sourcing from an established wiki or player added content. Imagine all the biographies and races that could be shared.