Lt. Commander
# 41
11-16-2010, 11:08 AM
I hate cloaks, even as a Klingon it's a little disappointing. That said, i think that should be the limit for feds and cloak. We can't start having MORE ships with cloak otherwise why are not all Federation starships equipped with a cloak?

Federation cloak should be...... from this point on.
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-16-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis View Post
Or remove cloak entirely from game mechanics and keep it as a plot device. Or even allow the cloak to not really serve a useful purpose, like in Starfleet command 3.
is this another i suck at pvp.. i cant get rid of the carriers so i'll have a stab at the bird of prey flyers?
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieZ View Post
I hate cloaks, even as a Klingon it's a little disappointing. That said, i think that should be the limit for feds and cloak. We can't start having MORE ships with cloak otherwise why are not all Federation starships equipped with a cloak?

Federation cloak should be...... from this point on.
How about this, attacks from a decloaking vessel actually have a much higher chance to miss then standard attacks?

And I DON't have a problem with carriers, the ISC carriers in Starfleet command 2 were awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 44
11-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Or even allow the cloak to not really serve a useful purpose, like in Starfleet command 3.
Have you even played Starfleet Command 3?
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-16-2010, 11:12 AM
You want a battle cloak? Here you go.
Lt. Commander
# 46
11-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Have you even played Starfleet Command 3?
Yes, I have, I never used the cloak when I played Klingon, felt no need to really, the ships have powerful forward attack arcs but the Federation have much better shields and hull. that's how it should be here.
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
How about this, attacks from a decloaking vessel actually have a much higher chance to miss then standard attacks?

And I DON't have a problem with carriers, the ISC carriers in Starfleet command 2 were awesome.
Why would a decloaking ship have a higher miss chance? They have all the time in the world to pre target your ship. Hence the attack bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 48
11-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Yes, I have, I never used the cloak when I played Klingon, felt no need to really, the ships have powerful forward attack arcs but the Federation have much better shields and hull. that's how it should be here.
Clearly you never played in the hardcore tournaments on GameSpy Arcade.
Lt. Commander
# 49
11-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Why would a decloaking ship have a higher miss chance? They have all the time in the world to pre target your ship. Hence the attack bonus.
See, this above me is the problem, people screaming about canon on one hand and on the other complaining about game mechanics, you cannot have it both ways.
Lt. Commander
# 50
11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Why not just play FvF? What's the point in fighting an enemy if both sides have the exact same ships with the same abilities?
Closed Thread