Lt. Commander
# 51
11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Clearly you never played in the hardcore tournaments on GameSpy Arcade.
or againts the AI by the looks of it.
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Clearly you never played in the hardcore tournaments on GameSpy Arcade.
Not as a Klingon, I don't play as a useless species. I'm Federation all the way. I don't tend to play multiplayer, everyone finds all the little exploits they can in the game and that annoys me, play a species they are meant to be played, you know.
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis View Post
Not as a Klingon, I don't play as a useless species. I'm Federation all the way.
Ooooh...thems fightin' words.
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Not as a Klingon, I don't play as a useless species. I'm Federation all the way.
Useless lol, my Romulan Tournament build eats Feds for breakfast.
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Not as a Klingon, I don't play as a useless species. I'm Federation all the way. I don't tend to play multiplayer, everyone finds all the little exploits they can in the game and that annoys me, play a species they are meant to be played, you know.
I believe you have a serious misconception of what an exploit is.
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Useless lol, my Romulan Tournament build eats Feds for breakfast.
and if your sad enough to do, good for you. I play that game because its fun, not because I'm obsessing over winning. I'm a starfleet officer, I don't seek personal fame or glory, just a fair fight.
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
and if your sad enough to do, good for you. I play that game because its fun, not because I'm obsessing over winning. I'm a starfleet officer, I don't seek personal fame or glory, just a fair fight.
And Cloaks of any kind being Klingon/Romulan only is completely fair, Its Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 58
Identical implementation of faction mechanics AKA cloning, is not only boring. It is uninspired, dull, bland, poor design, and defeats the idea of creating factions in the first place. With copy and paste factions, you might as well fight yourself, for there is no other attraction left. And there will be few others to fight when the nature of the design has settled in. For more of the same, is a serious blow to diversity. Why travel to places already visited, might as well stay home.

For game mechanics take the first seat in a computer game. For this is that primarily, and your gazillion canon excuses that can be applied for any conceivable design departure from here to eternity, comes after a solid game design. That's called a second consideration. Without a game worth playing, this world collapse unto itself you see. And without a game like this, it's back to Pen and Paper. Good luck finding people for that outside of large cities. :p

This should be utterly logical, but it is so easy to go for the nearest exit, and let it all burn. Happens a lot. Human nature perhaps. Get those border patrols up. Shoot them on sight.

---
Lt. Commander
# 59
Quote:
Lets even the odds, the Defiant has been SEEN in DS9 cloaking in mid battle, the same as a BOP when the Federation withdrew from DS9. Stop giving the Klingons everything and if you are going to be correct about it, the Retrofit Defiant and the Galaxy X should both have a battle cloak. So what's the problem with that, the Klingons have it and it increases their attack power by an insane amount. They like to cloak mid battle and run away so they can heal up and come back.

Why the hell can't we?

It maybe fun for BOP to decloak and take out a whole cruiser shield facing a one attack but it is not fun for the rest of us. So how about we even the odds... or would that upset the Klinks. After all, fairness is everything right?

And before anyone says BOP's can't do that, YES they can, my entire starboard shield facing totally collapsed during one attack with a Klingon BOP, I have type XI Covarient Cap X 3 shields. So don't tell me that decloak buff isn't overpowered.
"In all fairness" you don't even like PvP and have left me with the impression you don't like teaming in arenas. If you really want 100% "fair play," try adiusting to the role you play when you choose to enter a PvP match. Bottom line - asking someone to change something for YOU, yet demonstrating YOUR unwillingness to change and adapt to a situation which requires it, is 100% unfair.
Lt. Commander
# 60
11-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
You're a human in the 21st century playing computer games and attempting to roleplay.
Appearently you've misundetstood a few things about Starfleet officers, like that fact they
don't "seek" fight at all...
Closed Thread