Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
11-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Hate to ruin all of this nice debate, but I should inform you that the Devs have stated continuously, that they will no implement full 3-d movement do to player disorientation during said maneuvers, We will also not see a leveling off system where after our maneuver we pitch pack to the flat plain. They did say that they might (and that is a might) increase the angle of climb and descent to 85*. but we have no word on when that will happen.

So you can go back to your lovely discussion about canon 3-d flight and such, but I hope I did answer some questions for those that are curious.

have fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
11-02-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota2063 View Post
Hate to ruin all of this nice debate, but I should inform you that the Devs have stated continuously, that they will no implement full 3-d movement do to player disorientation during said maneuvers, We will also not see a leveling off system where after our maneuver we pitch pack to the flat plain. They did say that they might (and that is a might) increase the angle of climb and descent to 85*. but we have no word on when that will happen.

So you can go back to your lovely discussion about canon 3-d flight and such, but I hope I did answer some questions for those that are curious.

have fun.
Hate to ruin your post, but if you had read the other posts here, you would be aware that we already know everything you wrote, rendering your post obsolete.

On the other hand, they also said there would be no possibility for Death Penalty in this game... People kept bugging about that, and look what happend.

They also said that the Galaxy X would be referral only... People kept bugging for that to be aquireable other ways too... Look what happend.

Looking at past Cryptic actions, it seems to me that if enough people are bugging for it, for long enough they eventually come around... Otherwise we would not have had the option for DP or the Galaxy X.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I think it would just make the game more interesting if we had 360*x360*. So what if you have to actually pay attention to your surroundings, and look for basic landmarks to figure out where you are? In my opinion, the game needs this, badly!

Also! I don't give 2 drens about what the Dev's have said about this specific item. The dev's have also said that they are here to make the gaming community as happy as possible. I think enough people want to see this introduced that it completely qualifies as something that NEEDS atention. Sure 85* would be better, but, come on,take off the training wheels already boys... Give us 360*360* and barrel rolls!

And as for the 'Cannon' aspects... Star Trek Courses have pretty much always gone in a 360*x360* fashion. This would indicate that the ship was capable of spinnning in any direction to achieve those precise directions. Also, we have seen ships do both Jaeger Loops, and Barrel Rolls in the startrek universe. So please, Cannon + Science and Common Sense for the win.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
11-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Pitch increase to 60 is live in Tribble as part of Season 3.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
11-14-2010, 11:08 PM
I fully support this, and if devs don't want to give us 360 degree movement then they need to stop having enemy ships warp in 20km directly above me. Fair's fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Pitch increase to 60 is live in Tribble as part of Season 3.
Needs to be 90.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
11-15-2010, 07:37 AM
I just want 3-d fight because it would make PvP more interesting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
11-16-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
I just want 3-d fight because it would make PvP more interesting.
Less interesting, since the removal of the restrictions would eliminate the tactics that make use of it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
11-16-2010, 02:48 PM
The flight model reminds me of some low budget xbox flight simulator or an Iphone app. If they are so concerned about player disorientation, then perhaps we should play from commander Pike's wheel chair.
This is Science Fiction so lets see some real space flight physics.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 PM.