Lt. Commander
# 21
11-16-2010, 07:01 PM
The character art team was asked to make some cool rewards for Klingons and they proposed this "it gets better over time" approach and I endorsed it because it sounds cool they way they have it planned out. The character art guys are committed to making this cool and since this is their idea, I think its cool too.

My gut says no matter what we made, some players wouldn't like it. Its not like I asked them to make the crappiest think they could think of... I asked them to come up with something neat that works for ALL KDF species - and so far they haven't let me down.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-16-2010, 07:08 PM
so far I think all the 'rewards' for both sides suck. When are we going to get something actually nice like Special Edition captains quarters with all your trophies in it, or a T5 Constitution class or something thats actually shows Cryptic appreciates their veterans.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-16-2010, 07:10 PM
considering it will be 400 or 500 days till we get kdf 200 day vet stuff, you cant really worry about not having the cloak right when you can finally use it, unless you arent an original release account i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The character art team was asked to make some cool rewards for Klingons and they proposed this "it gets better over time" approach and I endorsed it because it sounds cool they way they have it planned out. The character art guys are committed to making this cool and since this is their idea, I think its cool too.

My gut says no matter what we made, some players wouldn't like it. Its not like I asked them to make the crappiest think they could think of... I asked them to come up with something neat that works for ALL KDF species - and so far they haven't let me down.
Uh.. it doesn't sound cool. It's like here is a seed, now go plant it and wait another hundred days and see what it grows into. I can do that in my back yard. I was really looking forward to the cloak that you've been going on and on about. Only to be disappointed that we get some chia pads.

And to be honest stahl, they look crumby. They really wouldn't look good with any of the other species costumes besides Klingon. They're not even really a diverse costume piece.

This also brings up the question, what will we not be getting in the future for the 200 costume piece to finish growing? No Klingon vanity ship? 500 day gravity boots? Should have just stuck with what you said you were going to do instead of saying you were going to do it and not delivering.... again.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-16-2010, 07:15 PM
I think the increasingly complex uniforms are cool, as well.

At least in theory...I reserve final judgement for when I actually see them, but it's a neat idea.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:

Any chance Federation can get the same treatment, especially with our vet rewards combadge going up on the C-Store?

I LIKE the "it gets better over time philosophy".

My suggestion, Fed-side, is fairly simple:

Parallels/Future Imperfect combadges with ascending ranks for each tier of vet rewards.

So, Fed-side, it would be an Ensign FI Combadge at 100 days, Lt. at 200 days, etc. And then at 500 days, we'd get the Picard uniform from Barash's illusion.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Any chance Federation can get the same treatment, especially with our vet rewards combadge going up on the C-Store?
What? Vet rewards are going to the c-store? Uh... doesn't that defeat the purpose?
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Incidentally, here's reference on the Future Imperfect badges and uniforms:

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Fiction...rfleet_uniform
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:

My only real concern is this - I'm now a 300 day vet. How long do I have to wait for the reward to get even better?
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Normally I am pretty cool with things and just glad to get something, but I gotta say, the shoulder pads (while quite nice looking) do not seem like an idea reward. I really don't see a Gorn wearing something like that. Orion, maybe, Maybe even a nausican. I guess I was hoping for better.

I think part of the problem is that the KDF has more racial diversity and less uniform enforcement than the Feds. Each race of the KDF has different style requirements and trying to make something that works for all the races is almost impossible.

Oh well, it is just a costume piece, I might not have worn it anyhow.

(Now, if we can get more Gorn customization...)

Thanks,
Duncan
Closed Thread