Lt. Commander
# 161
11-17-2010, 07:46 AM
I just had an idea. What if instead of a "true" Federation Carrier, we got rid of Go Down Fighting and gave Tactical Captains a "Call Re-enforcements" ability that spawned between 6 & 12 of the new Peregrine Fighters? Limited enough in scope (when you realize they're fighters, not full ships like Photonic Fleet) not to kill game balance (which a Fed Carrier would) and on a cool-down similar to Photonic Fleet to prevent it's abuse.

I mean isn't Go Down Fighting is a pretty much useless ability right now anyway? I know that when I play my Tac and I'm dying, I'm trying to maneuver a better shield facing or spam a healing ability, I'm never thinking; "Gee, I'm at only 6% Hull strength, this would be a great time to go on the offensive with this handy-dandy ability of mine.."
Lt. Commander
# 162
11-17-2010, 07:48 AM
So. I was in this 1o1 in a PvP against a fleetmate of mine playing as klingon in a carrier.

He was +3 to me and I was a RAUH1 Engineer in a Sov... Usually I am a Tac, and I only play my eng when I have nothing better to do, so it is not that I am an expert, and I havn't put too much efford into putting skills to the correct patterns.

Now based on OP's whini... I mean concerns I expected to loose big time...

My mate spawned plenty of fighters and BoP's along with holo-fleet. He held me with a tractorbeam while that dumb anomaly thing sucked the health out of me.

Now to my surprise, dispite being below level, not having specced properly, only doing PvE normally and barely ever playing that char... I won 6-1 before the server timed out.
I was superior in every way...

Blame it on the ship all you want, but it is YOU who fail... not the ship.

BTW: I reported you for breaking forum rules... again... again...
Lt. Commander
# 163
11-17-2010, 07:48 AM
rather load my lemmings into escape pods... give them space suits and say... "here take this rifle... when you see somthing shoot at it."

and walaa every federation ship can now deplot a ton of shooting escape pods.
Lt. Commander
# 164
11-17-2010, 07:53 AM
This thread is being closed due to a high volume of content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Closed Thread