Lt. Commander
Ok, so I'm sitting in another Carrier thread, when i get this idea, and I realize that there's a whole host of things I would have done differently if I had been in charge of the Career-specific player abilities (you can read about them all here).

And then I realized that Cryptic is very responsive to player requests, provided they make sense and maintain the game balance.

So here I am making a thread about changes to the career-specific player abilities.

So anyway, first recommended change: Go Down Fighting -> Call Reinforcements

Rank I, Tactical Captain, cool-down of 240 seconds, summons 4 Peregrine Fighters to aid you.

Rank II, Tactical Rear Admiral Lower Half, cool-down 240 seconds, summons 8 Peregrine Fighters to aid you.

Rank III, Tactical Vice Admiral, cool-down 240 seconds, summons 12 Peregrine Fighters to aid you.

Second recommended change: Nadion Inversion -> Launch Repair Bee

Rank I, Engineering Commander, cool-down of 180 seconds, summons 1 Repair Bee which repairs 500 Hull/second for 20 seconds, or until destroyed.

Rank II, Engineering Captain, cool-down of 180 seconds, summons 2 Repair Bees which repair 500 Hull/second for 20 seconds, or until destroyed.

Rank III, Engineering Rear Admiral Lower Half, cool-down of 180 seconds, summons 3 Repair Bees which repair 500 Hull/second for 20 seconds, or until destroyed.

(These would be in lieu of a Federation Carrier)

Third recommended change: Orbital Strike -> Quantum Entanglement

Rank I, Engineering Captain, cool-down of 180 seconds, AoE exploit radiation damage, 6 ft knock-back.

Rank II, Engineering Rear Admiral Lower Half, cool-down 180 seconds, AoE exploit radiation damage, 8 ft knock-back.

Rank III, Engineering Vice Admiral, cool-down 180 seconds, AoE exploit radiation damage, 10 ft knock-back.

Anybody else have any suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2010, 08:59 AM
I like Go Down Fighting and Nadion Inversion....

But yeah, orbital strike needs a change. Whether they balance the damage output or change the skill altogether, it needs a fix.

I like the idea of quantum entanglement, but that would be more of a sci ability with AoE DoT, 5m range on self in my mind.

Maybe replace orbital strike with some sort of AoE damage debuff with a 10 sec duration, 1 min cooldown
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
I like Go Down Fighting and Nadion Inversion...
Oh! I forgot! Make Nadion inversion a boff ability, first rank at Lt, 2nd at Lt. Com. Third at Commander (trainable by an Engineer with 9 ranks in Subsystem repair).

Nadion inversion is the only ability in game where you can undo power drain, after all, we need to keep it accessible.