Lt. Commander
Well, it looks like we'll be able to convert a BO into a playable captain. While I would prefer a split mission captain/xo version, it appears this is what we'll be getting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Converting an officer to a captain removes the officer from your crew and gives him his own character slot. This is a one way transaction.
Some questions:

If we remove a BO that has a special role, e.g. chief engineer or first officer, will we be able to appoint another BO in that role?

I understand how this is important for special BO, such as the Breen, but what are the plans for races that already playable? For example, I converted my Andorian "XO" into a captain by saving the costume, and loading it when I created a new Andorian captain.

How many BOs will we be able to do this to? Could we promote all 10 (if you're a VA/BG) and get a whole new crew, and 10 alts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I'd be happy if I could just give my first officer the rank of Captain. Four pips on the jacket, sits in the big chair on the bridge. I'm an Admiral, I don't have to deal with the day-to-day running of the ship anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
What will they do about Borg BOs? Surely they'll be barred from being made into characters
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-16-2010, 04:01 PM
I'd hope this would work for our Breen BO, that'd be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkem View Post
I'd hope this would work for our Breen BO, that'd be cool.
Most definetely not gonna work with the Breen or Borg BO's, despite how cool it would be. I can dig it, though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT01 View Post
Most definetely not gonna work with the Breen or Borg BO's, despite how cool it would be. I can dig it, though.
I can understand not allowing Borg BOs... but what's wrong with having a Breen playable captain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
I'd be happy if I could just give my first officer the rank of Captain. Four pips on the jacket, sits in the big chair on the bridge. I'm an Admiral, I don't have to deal with the day-to-day running of the ship anymore.
Sounds more like a request for the costume department... I would certainly support it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
Precicely, I could't agree more.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-17-2010, 09:44 AM
While I can agree with the costume requests, I still don't have answers. How many BOs will we be able to do this to, and can we promote other BOs to replace specially assigned BOs that we convert (e.g. we convert our chief engineer, do we get another)?