Lt. Commander
# 21
11-17-2010, 01:58 AM
When Enterprise entered it's second Season, our town lost it's only UPN affiliate. Not having cable, I was never able to follow the series. At the time, it was my favourite of all the series since the Original. In the years since, I've caught episodes here and there, and I think it's likely that Enterprise will be the first of the Trek series(es?) that I will own on DVD/BluRay.

I loved the ship, the fragility of things, the "seat of our pants" nature of the show. I loved Phlox, and Malcolm.. and yes I loved Archer too. I loved the green slave women, the fist fights and shootouts, the torn shirts, the space suits....

I'm looking forward to the enterprise pack.. and even though they're planning to release the NX Enterprise as a tier zero ship.. I'll no doubt pick it up just for kicks. Though I'm hoping we'll see an "Admiral" level version in the future as well.. because I'd like to fly something like that.

I'll still hold out for my Ambassador Class.. but until that comes, I'll take the NX Enterprise.. and have fun playing with the uniforms too.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-17-2010, 04:13 AM
unis are ok, TOS mirror unis are better in my mind so wont be wanting the ENT ones. the ship is only teir 1 so is a waste of points unless you realy love the design, which i dont really. but i dont think ENT deserves less of a see in than other serises, this is the first ENT content we've see.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-17-2010, 04:56 AM
For me the Enterprise pack is perfect for some UGC content and for Peace Keeper uniforms. More militaristic and perfect with a bit of mix and mash
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Yeah no.

The NX-01 is a Tier 1 ship like the Mirandas and TOS Connies.

And while you certainly can still fly her at VA, you're going to have a very hard time doing much anything.
Roll it out as a "flagship" for your fleet or tactical group much like the old sailing ship used by the U.S. Navy today .... a ship that shows the flag and that's about it.

Ie ... the glorified captain's yacht to be rolled out when you are simply moving about for crafting or other non-combat missions.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Checking for continutiy was poor at best. That is part of why the ratings with the old guard Star Trek Fans crashed. Gene Rodenberry specifically set TNG 80 years later to avoid continuity issues. DS9 and TNG worked because they were produced and released simulatnously, and each episode aired was during the same timeframe. Voyager also worked because they were out of contact on the far side of the galaxy, and the Federation was never there (except for the brief period in "The Price") It is easier to write as story set after than try to do a prequel.
Tell that to George Lucas. Enterprise is leaps and bounds better as a prequel than the horrendous mockery of the Star Wars prequels. I can sum it up in three words: Jar-Jar Binks.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-17-2010, 09:35 AM
I love enterprise, I'm ecstatic for this pack.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Same here!. Made a Tactical Officer and done the Khitomer, just waiting to get the pack. Hope its comes out today
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-17-2010, 10:16 AM
I hope it comes our today aswell
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Shouldn't the Ent Pack be out already if it was scheduled to come out today? I've heard from other's that it'll come out most likely on the 20th... That sucks cuz I was really looking forward to seeing it today...
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Well on the calender its release is between 17th and 20th. Most of the time c store items come out on Thursdays but the klingon ships were released on friday and the 7 of 9 costume that was released before came out on the wednesday, so its anyones guess really. They also dont tend to release them till bout midday anyways.