Lt. Commander
# 11
11-17-2010, 01:11 PM
No plans to increase the price of the Bundle at this time!
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
I have an Lt. Tac character that just got out of Spacedock. Consider this bought. It'd be perfect for her.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Love the price, Cryptic! I was also expecting somewhere between 1400 and 1600 CP, but 1215 is awesomesauce!

Great job on the pack as well! I'd like to thank everyone who worked on it, especially mhighison (who kept my hope alive about the uniforms these past months with his PMs. Thanks, Matt!). Now that the ENT (and ENT MU) unis are in, I really don't care what uniforms/costumes you guys work on now, heh.

Nice to know the price isn't expected to change, Rekhan! Hopefully, like Stormy posted in another thread, you guys might make new packs like this.

PatricianVetinari, I don't have a picture (yet) for you, but it's stats are the exact same as Tractor Beam, at least at the moment. Same text, same stats, etc. Hopefully, they'll change that. Also, the Grappler is an inate ability, so there's no item we can take off and put it on another ship, which is okay by me. (your handle, btw, effin' rules! Discworld ftw! I know I've probably told you that once already, but it bears repeating.):

However, when shall we expect the Porthos pet to be added? Don't forget to add cheese to our replicators, so we can, umm, not feed it to him.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-17-2010, 01:32 PM
The bundle is awesome, totally! I just hope we can eventually get the Drex Season 5 Enterprise Refit as a higher tier ship. I've wanted to cruise around in an NX-class ever since I first started playing STO but unless I restart from scratch with a new character I can't really use the ship since it can't slug it out with Admiral level opponents.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Enterprise was always my favourite series, so I was really looking forward to this pack. The costumes are fantastic but I'm a little disappointed with the NX Class. Don't get me wrong, its an amazing model and everything I hoped for, but I don't have any Lieutenant Characters; so my choices are start a new toon just to play with the NX, or buy one for my VA as a fun little run-around (which I'll probably do anyway). Its good, just not what I was hoping for.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
...PatricianVetinari, I don't have a picture (yet) for you, but it's stats are the exact same as Tractor Beam, at least at the moment. Same text, same stats, etc. Hopefully, they'll change that. Also, the Grappler is an inate ability, so there's no item we can take off and put it on another ship, which is okay by me. (your handle, btw, effin' rules! Discworld ftw! I know I've probably told you that once already, but it bears repeating.):
Thanks Fractal_Eye. It would be nice if they at least change up the text. Do the stats scale with Captain skills (like TB) or are they frozen at a set level, do you know? Does the Grappler cause a cool down on TB/TBR or vice-versa? So many questions, I know, but without knowledge how else am I suppose to... not rule per se, but oversee (after all it is a Democracy, one man, one vote and all, even if I'm the one man with the one vote ) Ankh Morpork? LOL

I can't remember if you've said before or not, but thank you on the name compliment. DW does indeed rule (next to ST, of course). I'm actually reading Unseen Academicals now (I'm near the end at the big Foot-the-Ball game). And speaking of UU, I happen to know the Archancellor plays STO and posts regularly here, surely you've seen MustrumRidcully about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
...However, when shall we expect the Porthos pet to be added? Don't forget to add cheese to our replicators, so we can, umm, not feed it to him.
Yeah, come to think of it, I remember talk some time back (I'd have to seach for the Dev post), that said they were working on a (Porthos-like) pet purchaseable via GPL. And yeah, what pet (or Cap'n, for that matter) wouldn't love some Cheese? You could then feed it to a Tribble and get a Chrono Tribble that gives resistance to Paradoxes and Series Continuity errors. HA!

P.S. It's a shame the Mangalores didn't ask about the red button... Had I purchased something from Zorg, I know I would have.... LOL! Love that movie...

P.P.S. I think I'm going to set up the NX with my blue phasers from the Connie... Not canon, sure, but since I'm not using them for anything else they will go great in my VA1's vanity ship, or when he goes stomping around the lower level DSEs to fille Accolades.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-17-2010, 02:02 PM
I've been playing around with the uniforms, and I have a question. The ENT MU uniforms come with the ship patch on the left arm, but the regular ones don't. Is there a reason for this? I thought it was because of Fleet patches, but the MU ones have one...

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4567/entpatch.png

edit: Thanks for the reply, Patrician. Yeah, it has the same stats (and cooldown, as far as I can tell) as TB1, and I'm not sure if it scales according to rank, because my character is a VA. It is affected by your Tractor Beam stat, that much I do know.

You've given me the idea to think about making a Discworld planet when the Foundry comes out...

edit, the 2nd: D'oh! Forget about the badge question. I was a doo-doo head and didn't think to look under the mysterious Badge option.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-17-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry if this is stated somewhere, but whats the minumum rank you can use the ship? Tried to unlock with a Leiutenant, but says item cannot be purchased at this time ( Already bought the discounted pack ), yet it unlocked with a Commander...

So was just trying to figure out if there was a minumum rank

thanks in advance guys, and sorry if there is an answer already, just hav'nt seen one.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
No plans to increase the price of the Bundle at this time!
So I dont have to send my Orion Exchange officer over to you now.. My gain your lost..
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonblackesew View Post
I'm sorry if this is stated somewhere, but whats the minumum rank you can use the ship? Tried to unlock with a Leiutenant, but says item cannot be purchased at this time ( Already bought the discounted pack ), yet it unlocked with a Leiu Commander...

So was just trying to figure out if there was a minumum rank

thanks in advance guys, and sorry if there is an answer already, just hav'nt seen one.
I don't think there's a minimum rank. It's supposed to be an alternative to the Miranda and TOS Enterprise, so I should hope a Lieutenant could purchase and use it. The only thing I could think of is that you didn't have a free ship slot on your Lieutenant character, but that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me, either. Hopefully, it did work out for you in the end, though.