Lt. Commander
I actually infact noticed this since I started playing the game in beta. But really, why would i want to go to Andoria? Vulcan yes, the birthplace of spock and whatnot but Id rather see atleast starfleet HQ, or even the academy. Better yet, why not go to the moon?!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Well, I think that its probably because Spacedock is where ships are retrofitted and stuff. We see a lot more of Spacedock than Starfleet HQ and Starfleet Academy. Don't take me wrong, I totally agree, the problem is that you have to make it look nice, familiar to what we know but still better, etc, etc. They are focusing right now on making Spacedock better (aka giving us the old one), but after that, GIVE US STARFLEET HQ!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2010, 08:12 PM
starfleet HQ and academy should be part of season 4, its time we got that...along with the rest of the solar system working...its taking Cryptic forever to get this stuff done.
Lt. Commander
# 4 my reply
11-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Company response: They planned to make it a grand experience full of sights and sounds and awe. It will take a while to do this.

My reaction: They forgot.....they are working hard to make Earth as pleasent as the captains table.

My comments do not reflect the views of anyone especially CRYptic or its affiliates.......This film has been modfed from its original form to fit your tv.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-18-2010, 05:50 AM
I have a lifetime subscription, yet ive never seen this captains table. Where can I find it(stupid question i know but its been killing me to find out). Ive been in the dark about this new starbase. I never really liked the one that is there now. It looks like an octopus in orbit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-18-2010, 07:18 AM
from what i've gathered from posts and interviews, ESD is going to be completely redesigned, and the Solar System is first priority.

Rumors from devs indicate that the "new" ESD, mars shipyard and saturn, and various solar system bases are going to be the first prority for the "earth face-lift"
one important feature of this change will be to make solar system space normal looking... instead of the unexplained and uncanon (and completely unrealistic) mysterious blue nebula that you filthy feds have now.

i imagine they will probably make the solar system one giant zone, with mars shipyard, and saturn test ground, and jupitor bases as well as ESD.
i think this could be done in a zone not much bigger then SB24.
but this is speculation based on rumor.

however, Dan Stahl BARELY mentioned some sort of reworking of the introduction tutorial for the federation at the begginning of a new character creation.
i believe he mentioned something about starfleet academy.

i think it wouldnt be hard to imagine that the academy and Feddie HQ could be represented in a tutorial mission with multiple parts using earth itlsef as a backdrop.

with mission replay becoming available in season 3 you would be able to visit the academy and earth whenever you wanted without dedicating an entire zone to "site seeing"

this was accomplished in a similar fashion in the Klingon's first PvE mission, where you had to travel to the "suburbs" of First city on Qo'nos to kill a bunch of rotten romulans and their treacherous duras/torg sympathisers.... i hope the enjoy their all expense paid trip to Greythor!

however the feds have a lot of key planets with no real purpose to visit.
so i dont think it would be a stretch to include san fransisco on the list of feddie "tourist" zones.

what you ask is probably in the realm of realistic content... and you'll probably see it somewhere in season 4 or 5 in my opinion!

P.S.
according to canon... the Klingons aided in the defense of earth against the borg at Wolf 579!
we lost 1 vorcha, and 3 BoPs.
therefore you should eract a klingon monument there ASAP, to recognize our heroic sacrafice in defending earth against the borg!
then again... we'll probably just make out own once we overrun ESD!!!!
BWA HAHAHAHA
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutchcraft
I have a lifetime subscription, yet ive never seen this captains table. Where can I find it(stupid question i know but its been killing me to find out). Ive been in the dark about this new starbase. I never really liked the one that is there now. It looks like an octopus in orbit.
If you're an LTS member go into your c-store and unlock the ability to access the Captain's Table. Then when you fly near the glowing anomaly in Sol space it will ask you if you want to enter.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
If you're an LTS member go into your c-store and unlock the ability to access the Captain's Table. Then when you fly near the glowing anomaly in Sol space it will ask you if you want to enter.
aaaahhhh thats what it is...
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdidy View Post
They are focusing right now on making Spacedock better (aka giving us the old one), but after that, GIVE US STARFLEET HQ!
SInce they created the current ESD, I think they should not discard it. The Earth system should be a massive map. The players warp into the middle of the map. The Original Space dock(Star Trek III) and the current incarnation can be on opposite sides of Earth. That way players have a choice of which one to visit, or cruise to either Earth, Mars or the Moon(Tyco City) and Beam down. Also, it would be nice if they added the orbital office complex from Star Trek: The Motion Picutre.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Id like to see the old one. Something about the way it looks compared to the one in the game...