Lt. Commander
# 1 Fastest way?
11-17-2010, 02:50 PM
I recently got my first tier 2 ship took me around three days and a'lot of missions!!

Well I am wondering are missions the quickest way to get promotions and therefore new ships in the game or are there other quicker ways?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-17-2010, 02:52 PM
there are no other ways to level up. You must grind/do missions until your finger nails fall off or you lose your mind.

Whichever comes first!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-17-2010, 02:53 PM
think I will lose my mind first missions in this game are very time consuming but it's worth it!! I don't mind the space actions ;s not a fan of ground ones ..

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -RBH-
think I will lose my mind first missions in this game are very time consuming but it's worth it!! I don't mind the space actions ;s not a fan of ground ones ..

thanks
Don't worry, no one is.

*grumblgrumble stupid Vito'D cheap-shot me with dual-disruptor pistols hate them so much grumble*
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-17-2010, 09:02 PM
You should do the Breen and Devidian series missions. You can find the Breen missions in the Orellius sector and the Devidian missions in the Eta Eridani sector. They will help you gain a few levels. I also suggest doing:

The story mission for your level
The patrol mission for your level
Exploration and/or Defend mission if necessary to reach the next level

If you come across the occasional diplomatic mission (such as the one one Vulcan or the few on Memory Alpha) do them as well for some extra experience.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
when the game came out my klingon got to max level in 3 days pvping during head start, i believe i was the first brig general on server, that was a blast, feds dont que for pvp anymore though since they were nutered and given fvf wargames where no one wins but everyone gets a participation ribbon and a pat on the head.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
You should do the Breen and Devidian series missions. You can find the Breen missions in the Orellius sector and the Devidian missions in the Eta Eridani sector. They will help you gain a few levels. I also suggest doing:

The story mission for your level
The patrol mission for your level
Exploration and/or Defend mission if necessary to reach the next level

If you come across the occasional diplomatic mission (such as the one one Vulcan or the few on Memory Alpha) do them as well for some extra experience.
From a strictly points per time spent viewpoint, I'd put patrols and exploration ahead of storyline. (The individual patrols and exploration missions are 3 to 10 minutes each; 3-5 missions to complete a patrol/explore package. Compare to 30-60 minutes for the more involved storyline missions.) In my experience, the Featured Episodes are midway between patrols and storyline for time investment.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -RBH-

thanks
The ground missions can be fun if you just feel like wasting aliens up close and personal. Although it is kind of disturbing when you think of the hundreds and thousands of lives you're snuffing out when you blow up a capital ship.