Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I posted this as a side-thought in another PvP thread and felt it was a good idea so here goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Maybe some of the unwilling fleets that exist in STO would join this organizedPvP channel and participate more in organized Fleet PvP if the more experienced PvP oriented fleets would show thier willingness to help the younger fleets along with tips, tricks and general advice on Fleet pre-made team set-ups, common loadouts, common tactics, etc.
Right now if we/they join up on the channel and just pay attention, they get a lot more drama than help and it kills the interest in fleet versus fleet pvp. Well that and the general beleif that most new fleets are so far behind in the PvP learning curve that why bother against so well trained and older pvp fleet teams.
Any thoughts tips, tricks or words of wisdom that anyone wishes to pass down to the newer fleets in STO interested in fleet pvp?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2 yes!
11-18-2010, 10:45 AM
The TMT team would love feedback after a match. Or perhaps a training/coaching session?

This is also how I would improve PvP today, by learning to become a better opponent.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
The TMT team would love feedback after a match. Or perhaps a training/coaching session?
-TSI- is usually skirmishing against eachother at least once a week whenever we get enough people on. If you want we can get together, mix the fleets and skirmish.

What we end up doing is getting 10 people together and then move 1 person from the teams after each game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I posted this as a side-thought in another PvP thread and felt it was a good idea so here goes.



Any thoughts tips, tricks or words of wisdom that anyone wishes to pass down to the newer fleets in STO interested in fleet pvp?
CHC vent is open to anyone that is starting out in ground pvp. All they need to do is contact me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Practice, practice, practice. :-)

Find a good core of 5 people and play with them constantly, get to know each other's capabilities, learn to trust each other. Analyse, debate, adapt.

Aurora Fleet is always up for playing friendly training matches in Private Arenas, including sitting around dissecting and discussing afterwards. Feel absolutely free to hit me up myself (Valentine Fox@Middlemore) or Xylene (Xylene@TimelyAbyss) if any fleet out there would ever like to practice together.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6 skirmish
11-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlemore
Practice, practice, practice. :-)

Find a good core of 5 people and play with them constantly, get to know each other's capabilities, learn to trust each other. Analyse, debate, adapt.

Aurora Fleet is always up for playing friendly training matches in Private Arenas, including sitting around dissecting and discussing afterwards. Feel absolutely free to hit me up myself (Valentine Fox@Middlemore) or Xylene (Xylene@TimelyAbyss) if any fleet out there would ever like to practice together.
We, good sir, will be seeing you in the KT league very soon!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:44 AM.