Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 51
11-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Alright then explain to me why I was muted (this should be good). Thanks.
Obviously nothing I say is going to matter to you, but I'll humor you.

You were muted because Faithborn felt that you had insulted people (what you said I don't remember, I was too busy enjoying the game at the time), mind you that was after all of the crap that you had been talking days before that about Lore and QEW.

If you tone it down I'd imagine that you'd get unmuted, but my money is on that you won't be able to do that
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I think I'll tell my little story here. Get it off my chest. That sort of thing..
<snip>
That feels so much better. I think I can go back to my routine again. Thank you, and have a nice day!
first, several things. When a moderator asks someone to stop they should stop otherwise they get a punitive action. Second, the 3 day mute came from when I had to extend them until I spoke with a GM over the issue - I explicitly said this to the Organizedpvp the sunday after the incident.

Secondly, I'm not going to discuss your fleet leader other than say that he was using said quotes to berate people in the channel.

Third, I'll drop the rest of your mute. Just respect the rules of the channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post

You were muted because Faithborn felt that you had insulted people (what you said I don't remember, I was too busy enjoying the game at the time), mind you that was after all of the crap that you had been talking days before that about Lore and QEW.
and about 8 people from different fleets asked for me to mute him.
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-18-2010, 12:57 PM
wait wait wait, so it seems people are saying its all faiths fault right? and hes muting people right? well then id assume the other mods would unmute people who have been muted unfairly right? so.... yeah...

maybe then theres a reason.....
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-18-2010, 12:57 PM
I would simply like to point out that cryptic has put in place an /ignore feature. Its a fantastic thing that works quite well really. Honest question why does a public (it is as close as there is at the moment) channel that should include EVERY pvp player in the game need to mute anyone at all. I would assume offended parties could be instructed as to how to properly use there /ignore feature. Perhaps I am wrong. Of course my money is on people with power continuing to censor those they don't like or agree with. As I have tried to nicely state before... step back and consider your channels future. It is a fantastic idea with a good base at the moment, muting people for any reason is really not productive IMO anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBushman
I find it funny that the only problem is with 2 fleets....
i find it equally funny that the problem only lies with a single moderator.
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
wait wait wait, so it seems people are saying its all faiths fault right? and hes muting people right? well then id assume the other mods would unmute people who have been muted unfairly right?
Why? No one can remember what happened, save for the people on the wrong side of the fence.

Anyway, theres little to no point in this at all, and I'm getting more than fed up with it. Facts are, the public opvp channel is being ruined by over active and one sided moderation. If its a public channel, then why does it need mods?
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-18-2010, 01:17 PM
i belive this link will help. thank you for your time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_...ibition_effect
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
i find it equally funny that the problem only lies with a single moderator.
I find it even more hillarious that you think its only him... hell I wish I was around to mute these people when being jerks. and as you can tell... he is not alone in wanting those certain people muted
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post

If you tone it down I'd imagine that you'd get unmuted, but my money is on that you won't be able to do that
So faithborn's word is above all then? You dont even know what was said (and neither does he clearly). I got banned for asking faithborn not to post things about me in the channel. After a PM conversation he decided to talk about me again in the channel.

Here you go, the entire conversation: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7559/opvpmute.jpg

If you can find what was ban worthy, then please go ahead and let me know. Otherwise, dont post about something you dont even know a thing about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
and about 8 people from different fleets asked for me to mute him.
There arnt even 8 different fleets in the game, and where were these people in OPVP? I think the "8 people" were the 8 different emotions running through your head that you couldnt control.

So even after "Beagles youre that" and "Beagles youre this", the question keeps getting avoided. That conversation above was the first thing put into OPVP for about half an hour. What was ban worthy, and how can it be any worse than the personal insults directed at me coming from the mod's friends half an hour before that?
Closed Thread