Lt. Commander
# 11
11-18-2010, 05:34 PM
This is working as intended, as as it always has been to the best of my knowledge guys.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This is working as intended, as as it always has been to the best of my knowledge guys.

Thanks,

Stormshade
There was definitely a fee for going to ESD to repair when DP was first introduced. I remember limping to ESD w/ 13 minor injuries and paying for repairs. The friend I talked about also documented her first experience w/ DP in a hilarious blog, when it was first introduced.

I'm thrilled that this is working as intended though, because if it's free to fix at ESD I'll definitely be turning up my difficulty up from time to time now.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-18-2010, 06:41 PM
When the "Injury System" originally went to the Tribble test server, it went through some big changes due to player feedback, that Phoxe was relaying back to the team at the time.

When the "Injury System" was patched over to the Holodeck live server, more feedback was relayed back to the team, and it was noted on a number of occasions (even before the build was pushed to Holodeck), that player captains should not have to pay the medical officers for treatment or pay chief engineers to repair their ships (for what should be obvious reasons if you have seen Star Trek), but the even so, players still had to pay for treatment as well as repairs.

So it was originally intended for players to pay for the treatment of injuries to their selves or their bridge officers as well as pay for the repairs to their ships damage (aka injuries in game ).

Eventually, at some point a decision was made to remove the cost for treatment as well as repairs, but it was never announced in the forums by any member of the STO team, but must have been a result of player feedback and has been this way for at least 3 months now.

It is only minor, major and critical regenerators and components that players need to pay for, although these items can be acquired as loot in combat.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Eventually, at some point a decision was made to remove the cost for treatment as well as repairs, but it was never announced in the forums by any member of the STO team, but must have been a result of player feedback and has been this way for at least 3 months now.
This is the cause of my confusion because I couldn't find any official word on this and I couldn't recall reading it on a patch note, hence why I originally thought it was a bug. Thanks to StormShade though, it's finally clear that it's officially NOT a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-19-2010, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
There was definitely a fee for going to ESD to repair when DP was first introduced. I remember limping to ESD w/ 13 minor injuries and paying for repairs. The friend I talked about also documented her first experience w/ DP in a hilarious blog, when it was first introduced.

I'm thrilled that this is working as intended though, because if it's free to fix at ESD I'll definitely be turning up my difficulty up from time to time now.
Me too! If the "cost" for repairing can be paid in the passage of time instead of ingame credits, I am all for it, and it gives me an incentive to crank up the difficulty without running a huge "currency" deficit.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-19-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
A friend of mine did SB24 when the DP first went live and when she went to ESD, her
repair bill was 3700ec (Muscle Tear 800; Muscle Tear 800; broken ribs 800; Combat Fatigue 800; Concussion 100).

Today we were chatting w/ some fleet mates who received a few injuries trying out the new weekly and when she commented on her first repair bill they all thought she had gone insane. To her surprise our fleetmates have been going to ESD for DP treatment and repairs for FREE.

When did this happen, is it intentional?
Medical in Star Trek should be free and on top of that...instead of going to ESD it should happen when you go to the medbay on your own ship. Any one ever see a patient paying Bones? Or giving him a gratuity tip?

If you really think about it, do you think adding a "FEE" like this would make this feel any more Star Trek? No it would not...in fact it would stray away from it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
lol, one more reason why theres so much money floating around in this game
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Medical in Star Trek should be free and on top of that...instead of going to ESD it should happen when you go to the medbay on your own ship. Any one ever see a patient paying Bones? Or giving him a gratuity tip?

If you really think about it, do you think adding a "FEE" like this would make this feel any more Star Trek? No it would not...in fact it would stray away from it.
Depending on the injury, your Starship may not be able to handle it. It has been commented several times in the series that Star Bases have advanced medical facilities than a typical Star Ship. Picard had to go to a Star Base to get repairs done on his artificial heart on one occasion.

Think of the regenerators as additional supply kits that an on board medical officer can use to jurry rig a surgical bay to treat a more severe injury.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Depending on the injury, your Starship may not be able to handle it. It has been commented several times in the series that Star Bases have advanced medical facilities than a typical Star Ship. Picard had to go to a Star Base to get repairs done on his artificial heart on one occasion.

Think of the regenerators as additional supply kits that an on board medical officer can use to jurry rig a surgical bay to treat a more severe injury.
Even at that I hardly believe Picard was charged for the surgery.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr

If you had read the whole entire thread you would have noticed that this was not a pro or con debate for death penalty fee. It is also not an argument over what "feels" more Trek and what doesn't, or what function your ship's interior should have.
The purpose of this thread was simply to gather info on whether or not the lack of a fee for repair at ESD was a bug or intended, since at one point there was a fee and now there isn't. StormShade clearly said that it is not a bug so that should be that. Please don't try to turn this into a debate.

If any dev or moderator can close this thread I would be thrilled if they did so because the subject has been cleared up, so this thread no longer needs to be open.