Lt. Commander
# 11
11-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cris5268
Oh yea if it looked like San Francisco GREAT lol

Functionality could come later Look at ship interior?

Urie
Yup look at ship interiors. We asked for them and when we got them day 1 posts sprung up. "Nothing to do there" and "I hate it, i refuse to even go to my bridge, no reason to. It's sad ect ect" Months later we are testing 1 console interface for mission replays and Foundry UGC missions. Nothing more on the Radar. It is easy to say now "Just put in the locations, we'll love it. You can add function later" But after the resources are put in and the map is released the complaints will come anyways. Then weeks later yet another ghost town is added to the list.

Andoria
Vulcan
Risa
Betazed (was requested also)
Earth

DS9 (Honorable mention) This place is dead compared to before Dabo.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
I say if it looks like Defera and has a lot of cool places to go, screw functionality at the moment and then add functionality later. Just giving us places to go would help a lot........a lot!
No it wouldn't. It'd be eye candy with no use and waste the resources cryptic has instead of making something functional now.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I'd prefer to wait a year if we get a functional Earth/Sol
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-18-2010, 10:07 PM
One of the issues is deciding what parts of Earth to include. Starfleet Academy is a given, but where else? New York? Tokyo? Paris? What about other scenic sites, like the Pyramids or Taj Mahal? There are players from all over the world. Canadians might want some Canadian cities, like Toronto or Vancouver.

The point is, you can't please everyone. It's going to be hard to decide what to leave out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Yea you cant please everyone but i think if we were to get somewhere it would be San Francisco because obviously stafleet HQ was there

There would be good points to this addition i know allot of members may have been disapointed in not having earth?

But there would be disadvantages most mentioned before
o Functionality
o Locations
o Missions there?

But it may be something to look to in the future
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Fleet museum. All the ships. That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-18-2010, 11:21 PM
no ones mentioned it yet, why not make the Kobayashi Maru? theres a use for starfleet acadamy.
wargames against cadets, another posible use.
use it as the fed vs fed pvp grounds, makes sence to me.
policing missions (i know TNG mentions a few times that on earth crime no longer exists, but still, come on there will always be criminals)

just a few possible uses of earth, considering the programing, i still think that its doable for season 4. they are planing a new ground combat system for then so why not have a training course for it on earth.