Lt. Commander
# 1 Biographies of BOs
11-18-2010, 07:29 PM
I love to see aspects of a game that allow players self expression. I was therefore pleased to see that I could write Bios of my crew (it'd be nice to be able to write a history of our ship in a similar manner). I was disappointed however that other players cannot ever read these bios. When seeing another player's BO, either while sharing a mission or while visiting their bridge, if you click on "info" you will find nothing listed about the BO. Is there some way that STO can add this feature?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-18-2010, 10:08 PM
I think this would be good for Serious roll Players

Personally ; Not something i would do but i can see the point beeing made

Maybe something for cryptic to look into for the future

Urie
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-19-2010, 11:30 AM
I know that someone can't read BO info when they're on your bridge because those aren't "really" your officers. If you check their info you'll see that they're all level 1 characters who are just wearing your BO's appearance.

Kinda creepy when you think about it.

I'm not sure why Cryptic does that. Maybe it was shortcut they had to take to get the ship interiors out so quickly.

As for when you're grouped, are you sure that the info doesn't come up or is it just that none of the people you've grouped with have written biographies for their BOs?

Either way, I hope this corrected. I'm not a big RP'er but I do like writing and reading the bios that folks come up with.