Lt. Commander
# 11
11-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Relax, no need to get offensive. So far, the "immersion people" were only referring to the OP's own immersion - I always thought this is part of roleplaying, which is what he is planning to do.

The "immersion people" understood long ago that it's no use trying to remind others that it might be better for roleplaying if everyone uses the same playing field.

As for the bridges - I kinda expect a TOS bridge to be around the corner. Thanks to the last weekly, they do have the proper terminals and everything now. They just need to assign a guy for combining them into one or more bridges. And if Cryptic doesn't do it, it's just a matter of time until the Foundry will allow you to construct your own interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
Because maybe they want to roleplay it? When you roleplay you can pretend it's not a replica. Just had to say that because you like a few other posters seem to forget it is easy to ignore the current stardate. Pretending is what roleplay is about.

And to others, take your immersion arguments home, Immersion is what roleplayers are trying for, just not yours (LOOK! It says on the box!!!!!, losers).

To the OP, You could play a ship and crew from the past stuck here. Stay with the ship at higher levels. Hopefully you have some friends to help you out on some of the harder missions. A Starter NX at higher levels is about the same as the real NX thrust forward in time.

You can also use the excuse I use. This universe is so f'd up from time-travel, god like beings, and other general crap, that it has become the mix we see now and like any good time travel, dimensional story, we don't even know it's wrong.

My advice get creative. Ignore the "it's set in this time period", immersion people, they are the same people that would buy "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance" thinking it would help them fix their bike.

The bridge should have come with the ship. Same as the TOS bridge with the connie should have.
Completely agree with you. Immersion has always been a player specific thing. Anybody who uses the "It breaks my immersion!" argument is trying to force their own immersion on others.

I started a Rigelian Engineer Wednesday just so I could use the NX properly. Aid the planet and ground missions are fine at VA, but once you take it into combat you really get a sense of immersion when your NX explodes under 1 minute
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-20-2010, 02:04 AM
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Coridan

A little known species that was amongst the founding of the federation.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
I started a Rigelian Engineer Wednesday just so I could use the NX properly. Aid the planet and ground missions are fine at VA, but once you take it into combat you really get a sense of immersion when your NX explodes under 1 minute
I play a trill that has been around since the 17th century of earth, and fly a excel ship (currently). I also suspect that I have been in several time loops (my friend has 4 characters, I go with each one on the weeklies). Anytime you want a old lady who has been there and done that just drop me a line, I probably wouldn't even notice I'd been there before.:p

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieZ View Post
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Coridan

A little known species that was amongst the founding of the federation.
wow that first picture in the link makes me think of Hellraiser, They scare me.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-20-2010, 02:36 AM
Quote:
The bridge should have come with the ship. Same as the TOS bridge with the connie should have.
Absolutely true. No sense in letting us pay another 240 cp in a month or so when they come to the conclusion that they should've done this in the first place
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-20-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
I play a trill that has been around since the 17th century of earth, and fly a excel ship (currently). I also suspect that I have been in several time loops (my friend has 4 characters, I go with each one on the weeklies). Anytime you want a old lady who has been there and done that just drop me a line, I probably wouldn't even notice I'd been there before.:p
Now that I like! Especially the time loops
Closed Thread